PDA

View Full Version : draw stop/cheetah

J758
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I have a bone hunter. (Cheetah) I want to adjust the draw stop I'd like to have it a little more firm so I can steady the bow a lil more on the peak. I'm not sure which way to move it. Don't wanna mess it up. Also was wondering how some of you guys have your wall set.

Montalaar
11-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Moving the stop in the direction of the '-' will reduce your draw and Letoff.

J758
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
So if I move it twards the riser it'll be a little firmer?

Montalaar
11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah, you could say it in this way.

Imagine how the cam moves. When you draw the bow the cam moves around its axle. Once the drawstop comes in touch with the limb you have reached your 'wall'. If you reduce the way that the draw stop has to move until it contacts your limb you will reduce your draw length and also your letoff.

A lower letoff is considered as a tad firmer.

But this is only one solution.

You can change the draw cycle by finetuning the cables but this is out of my knowledge.

J758
11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I was worried about timeing and all that cause its got to do with rotateion. I'm very good with it. Just want to have it a little firmer for the league comeing up so I can steady it more.

J758
11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Also I thought I'd mark the stop on the cam. And see how I like it if not just move it back.

J758
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't have a plus and a minus sighn. That's why I ask which way.

Destroyer
11-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't have a plus and a minus sighn. That's why I ask which way.

Anti clockwise so it hits sooner, move in small amounts.

I'm very good with it. Just want to have it a little firmer for the league comeing up so I can steady it more.

If its shooting well for you then don't change it, just my opinion. :)

J758
11-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah. Not talkin bout a drastic change. Shoots well. Just always thing I can improve my shooting. Been shootiN fingers and release. Ok with fingers but just in case I'm in the stand and drom my release. Can hold to golf ball patterns with fingers. With my release I can shoot coke tabs off pop cans at 20 yards. Good enough for deer hunting. I just keep shooting and shooting year round! And I think I like a medium wall. I'm just a touch under medium I think. Though about movein it very slightly.

Destroyer
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Ok with fingers but just in case I'm in the stand and drom my release.

Not a bad idea, tried shooting my 2007 Pantera with fingers and just couldn't, too short for me. I always take a spare release in my pack now. :)