PDA

View Full Version : martin pantera cracked limbs

19Timberwolf78
11-02-2010, 08:07 AM
I ordered a new martin pantera right before hunting season this year and after about 50 arrows i found cracks on both limbs by the cams. I took the bow back to the dealer and exchanged it for another pantera. I have had this bow for less than a month and yesterday saw I had a crack on both limbs again in the same place. Is this common with this bow or Martin bows in general? This is my first bow from Martin and so far I,m not impressed. I have to drive over 2 hours to Cabelas every time I have a problem with this bow. How can I get limbs sent to me so I dont have to drive to Cabelas Or should I exchange for a different bow?

Ehunter
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I would give Martin a call and see what they advise. 509-529-2554 Their customer service is second to none. I'm betting after 2 sets of limbs, they are going to say take the bow back, and get a new one. One thing to make sure of though, is that you aren't shooting too light of an arrow for your draw weight. 5 grains per inch of draw weight is the minimum. Better off staying closer to 6 though. The lighter the arrow, the more stress on the bow. As far as I have seen, there haven't been any common problems with the Pantera, so it may just be something on your particular bow. Hope this helps!

Destroyer
11-02-2010, 06:42 PM
should I exchange for a different bow?

That would be my recommendation. Its not always a problem with a particular model, but a particular bow, riser alignment etc. You don't want to be continually getting new limbs. Ask for a completely new bow.

Haven't heard of them cracking near the wheels though. What year are the limbs? It should be written on the underside of the limb near the riser. A pic would be good, is it a crack or a splinter?

FireHawk Owner
11-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I have been though three sets of limbs on my Firehawk. I know how frustating it is. Specially that I shot 50-100 shots a day. And Have property that I hunt Hogs all year round.

I'd exchange for a different bow.

When you go there to exchange it make sure you look at the date on the under side of the limbs, By the limb bolt Barrel nut. Make sure it is a 2010. Some times those kind of places have last years bows still hanging on the same shelf as the new ones.

Just a peace of mind.