PDA

View Full Version : cheetah draw weight ?

flatsman
11-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I just noticed my upper limb and lower limb have about a 1/8" gap difference between the limb and the riser. I've been careful to turn both the same amount in the off season when letting off. Question is: is max draw weight for this bow just bottoming out (tightening both bolts until they stop?) Its a 55-70# bow and I was shooting around 67#.

Thanks

jj141979
11-04-2010, 03:05 PM
if you turn the limb bolts all the way in the limbs will be against the riser and there will be NO gap between the limbs and riser! This means the draw wieght will be maxed! and you should than hit around 70lbs draw wieght! This is fine!

flatsman
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
thanks!
appreciate the reply

Arrow Splitter
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree with jj141979. Just do that and you should be fine.:)

Destroyer
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I've been careful to turn both the same amount in the off season when letting off.

Are you backing them off during the off seaon for ???? No need to back them off anytime really. Bottom the limb but don't over tighten them, just make contact. :)

flatsman
11-05-2010, 03:28 AM
with my older martin's they always recommended letting tension off the limbs in the off season so I just continued this with my new one.

Arrow Splitter
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
with my older martin's they always recommended letting tension off the limbs in the off season so I just continued this with my new one.

That's what's nice about modern technology. No more playing around with limb bolts. LOL:D

RobD
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Flatsman.

You really should check your draw weight with a scale. There is a possibly that if you bottom limb bolts it might be more then 70lbs or possibly less. Depending on if the yoke cable has been adjusted. [twisted up] If it does max out past 70 lbs that is more then the limbs are rated for. Which could lead to limb failure.

If I bottom my Firehawks limb bolt down I get 74 LBS. do to how my Cams are adjusted.

Just my peace of mind.

Destroyer
11-05-2010, 07:04 PM

Understand but not necessary these days. :)

RLW
11-08-2010, 05:48 AM
I agree with the others, not really a concern.

I had a mid 80's Firecat and still have a '96 Firecat that I never turn down and have had no problems at all.........other than one time where I had string stretch/creep over a couple months with a cheap (& I mean cheap) string I used once.