PDA

View Full Version : Martin Bobcat with wooden rise

Unregistered
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi all, very new to this caper. Have been offered a second hand Bobcat with wooden rise and black limbs(?). Hope i got the terminology right.
The price i will keep to myself at this stage but i am looking at getting into a bit of bow fishing and bunny hunting. Will this bow be suitable and how much pimping can i do to it?
I have not bought it yet and your suggestions will be be listened to.
Look forward to your responses
Gasman

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-07-2010, 05:20 AM
As far as I can tell with the info you have given, It would not be the best for fishing. As for Bunny hunting yes it would. As for terminology it is called riser.
Hope this helps
HUTCH

elkslayer4x5
11-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Before you fall too much in love with this old Bobcat and its wooden riser, you should take a look at whats offered on ArcheryTalk Classifieds; Bows for sale. Read a page or two and you'll have a good idea how much a bow is worth. :cool:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19

justin
11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
as far as fishing goes...... i use my old bear recurve. at 43pounds draw, i have plenty of power for pass throughs on big and multiple carp. once i even got a small bullhead tagged on the end of my arrow after shooting a carp.
in my experience, all but the weakest bows tend to be adiquate for bowfishing if setup correctly..... i prefer a 90lb braided fishing line over bowfishing lines.... gotta be carefull with it though....

justin
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
oh heres the picture!!!!

Gasman
11-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, as you might be able to see, i have now become a member here. The Bobcat fell through so i am now in the market for another bow. Looked at another martin today, looks to be the right price for a second hand bow, just need to pay up and pimp it for what i need. Will post pics when i finally putchase something.
Cheers
Gasman

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Welcome aboard! You won't regret buying a Martin!:D

Gasman
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Now looking at a jaguar, not sure what year but looks fairly recent, just need to add a sight, quiver, a few arrows and a bow fishing rig and i am away. WooHoo

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-09-2010, 12:57 AM
My son and daughter own Jaguars both are very nice bows!
They are fast, quiet, and accurate.