PDA

View Full Version : Cam Module Screws placement

BackwoodsGolfPro
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I just got my first bow 2 months ago (Martin Big Buck Hunter which I found out is a Bengal) I love the bow and have been practicing almost every day for at least an hour! I found out on here I needed to adjust my Drawlength by adding the F7 module (im a tall guy) ...and much to my dismay found out that one of the screws was tucked behind the lower limb! After alot of swearing and some pull i was able to get the new module in and the bow is ten times more comfortable at full draw!
Did anyone else have this problem? and why the heck were the screws put in that spot?!?! :confused:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-10-2010, 01:24 AM
That is the common place for that screw on most of the Martin line. Most people change it by putting it in a bow press or drawing machine. Once changed you shouldn't have to change it again. I am glad you like the bow. You will enjoy many hours of shooting with it.

Montalaar
11-10-2010, 01:47 AM
I just got my first bow 2 months ago (Martin Big Buck Hunter which I found out is a Bengal) I love the bow and have been practicing almost every day for at least an hour! I found out on here I needed to adjust my Drawlength by adding the F7 module (im a tall guy) ...and much to my dismay found out that one of the screws was tucked behind the lower limb! After alot of swearing and some pull i was able to get the new module in and the bow is ten times more comfortable at full draw!
Did anyone else have this problem? and why the heck were the screws put in that spot?!?! :confused:

The screw is behind the limb since .. long time. Martin uses the same module since years and as the module has to sit in the same place of the draw cycle the screw sits always behind the limb. Only on older bows with a different limb angle not.

There is the need of a new Cam and Module design to get rid of this. But this would mean that the past bows/cams would not be supported any longer so i am glad to see that they STILL use the F-mods.