PDA

View Full Version : A penny for you thoughts....

baerman
11-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey Guys,
I purchased a Warthog last year mainly due to it's feel and the belief that a laminated limb is superior. Unfortunately, my first limb broke at about the 12th arrow release. I was sent replacements, but they were solid limbs. The following is copied directly from Terry Martins statement on ArcheryTalk:

"1. The limbs made by Martin and Hoyt are laminated. I believe that Mathews are also laminated but shorter than most (about 12") Laminated limbs are much more expensive to produce and require special presses with heat gauge checking throughout the press. It also reguires use of a special glue that must be kept at very cold temperatures.
A plain billet limb is just shaped from a solid block and finished with camo. By looking at a limb it is not possible to tell one from the other if it is completly camo finished. I don't know which other companies use the laminating process. I can tell you that they are much more durable and have few problems. "
Why, then, do we now get solid limbs instead of the laminated limbs that we purchased at the outset.....limbs that Martin has said many times is superior. Have the solids gotten that much better since the beginning of last year? Just an honest question.......

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Every bow company has limb problems. Martin is no different. As far as the solid limb vs laminated I've had both and can't say bad about either. And yes I have had limbs replaced on solid as well a laminated. But yes I did like the feel of the laminated.

RobD
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
The new solid replacement limbs are thicker then the laminated limbs in the fork area. The solid limbs also have a thinner opening in between the forks were the Cams are, then the laminated limbs did. Which helps alot with cam lean. Which also causes serving wear on strings and cables.

I have been through three sets of laminated limbs And two sets of strings with them.

Now I have the solid limbs I have no cam lean at all. And serving still looks new on these string.
I am much more secure with the bow now. Due to beefer limb fork,No cam lean or serving wear.

Just my thoughts on solid verses Laminated