PDA

View Full Version : What are you target shooters using for sights and rests?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-13-2010, 09:55 AM
What are you target shooters using for sights and rests? Just wondering what you guys are using. In case I get a target bow.;)

SonnyThomas
11-13-2010, 04:08 PM
I have two Sure Loc Challenger sight frames with 9" extensions (usually set to 8") and one with a 4" vertical adjustment bar and one with a 5 1/2". The 4" is all one needs. Both have the 3rd axis leveling blocks. For the money I don't think the Sure Loc Challenger can be beat. And I've beat one for 8 years and the other for 9 years. Just clean and a tiny drop of 3 in 1 oil and I'm good to go....

Used with the Sure Locs; One has a glass 4 power lens* in a Millenium Grande Housing and the other a plastic 4 power lens with Specialty Boss housing, all carbon housing and super light. Both have lens drilled for a .029" fiber optic pins*. I prefer the red fiber.
* I have never found a smaller pin to give me that much more accuracy. I'm of the opinion the smaller the peep the more perceived motion. I shake enough. Same way for power of lens. Too much magnification and the the pin looks like it's wandering all over and too fast.
* I also use stick on dots from time to time. Here I set the extension to aid my dot. I have use dots big enough to completely cover the 5 spot and sometimes just small enough to floating inside the outer 4 ring (Yep, that big). Here's the thing, the bull's eye center is the center for any ring for that target, be it a five 5 spot or a 80 yard target for Field. Specialty has these dots in different colors.

I use the Specialty Super Ball peep and full set of orifices. I also use Fletcher's peeps in target size. I have rarely used the 1/8" orifice and none bigger.

All my target bows have drop rests, whether for spots or 3D. Three that I have and use; Limb Driver, NAP Apache, and the Boodle Doodle Drop.

The Limb Driver, nice as it raises the arrow upon starting to draw. Okay, it's up when dropping off into the valley, so no arrow bounce. Bad point, the longish draw cord. In the way and you have to use common sense when tightening the set screw at rest. Too much and you cut the draw cord.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Hey Sonny what do you thing of the Bodoodle Pro lite?

SonnyThomas
11-13-2010, 08:17 PM
I believe the Specialty Bodoodle Pro Lite is the offspring of the original Bodoodle 500 series. I had both the 550 and 560. They worked great. When I sold one of my target bows after a State Championship Outdoor the buyer refused to buy it without the Bodoodle 550. He coughed up enough money.

Bodoodle is under different ownership than back a few years ago. Before the original owner past away the Bodoodle was recognized as the first true drop away rest. It is that good. The cradle is so silky smooth that no other prong style rest can compare to it. The spring tension can be adjust to give any weight arrow that said to be perfect "float." As said, I have the Doodle Drop. It isn't for sale.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-14-2010, 04:43 AM
I believe the Specialty Bodoodle Pro Lite is the offspring of the original Bodoodle 500 series. I had both the 550 and 560. They worked great. When I sold one of my target bows after a State Championship Outdoor the buyer refused to buy it without the Bodoodle 550. He coughed up enough money.

Bodoodle is under different ownership than back a few years ago. Before the original owner past away the Bodoodle was recognized as the first true drop away rest. It is that good. The cradle is so silky smooth that no other prong style rest can compare to it. The spring tension can be adjust to give any weight arrow that said to be perfect "float." As said, I have the Doodle Drop. It isn't for sale.

I own the bodoodle 300 zapper for hunting 3 prong containment rest. Which I like better than the whisker biscuit. I also own a pro lite from the old bodoodle company. Its a very accurate rest. I just didn't know that they use them in Championships, tournaments and so on. I truth of it I didn't know what they used. I guessed on the Sure-Locs as the sight. Thanks that does give me an Idea of what to look for when I start this adventure.