PDA

View Full Version : Question about draw length

Unregistered
11-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Getting back to bow hunting again after many years of absence and came across this great site y'all have here!!! I know that fitting my bow to my draw length is essential. I am looking to buy a 2010 Martin Bengal 60# bow. Specs say draw length 25" to 30". Does that mean the bow is user adjustable or must I purchase a bow set to my proper draw length?... as I recall, it was 28.5"

Spiker
11-18-2010, 04:40 AM
The draw length is adjustable by moving the position of the moduals and the draw stop.

justin
11-18-2010, 05:14 PM
correct!! modules and draw stop!! the module has a screw that sometimes doesnt want to clear the limb. if you pull the split cable twards the riser a lil its easier to get it out. back the limb bolts a couple of turns and this will be easier. also remember that martin bows are adjustable to 15#s... so a 70# will shoot at 55 pounds of draw weight. i hear a 60# bow at 60#s is more efficient than a 70# bow at 60#s. i dont know the specifics of this though, just something to keep in mind if you want to possibly up your draw weight a bit later