PDA

View Full Version : cracked limb question

tuneman
11-26-2010, 02:09 AM
i have a 09 moab i bought last year, set at 55lb 29" draw, been a great bow.

i haden't used it for about 6 months or so and got it out today and noticed a crack in the top limb, is it bad to keep using it? in my experience don't effect much at all unless there really bad!

am i better to call they shop i bought it from here in australia or to contact martin directly? i don't really think the shop would be that helpfull but i could be wrong :)

Arrow Splitter
11-26-2010, 06:10 AM
I would not shoot the bow anymore if I were you.
I'd call Martin and talk to Joel(1-800-541-8902). He should be able to take care of the problem.:)

tuneman
11-27-2010, 04:26 AM
i might send them a email first, do they answer there emails these days?

when i say cracked its the beginning of a crack, only 3/4" long in the bottom of the idler slot...or whaterer its called, nothing major.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
It is better to call! :D

Arrow Splitter
11-27-2010, 09:46 AM
i might send them a email first, do they answer there emails these days?

when i say cracked its the beginning of a crack, only 3/4" long in the bottom of the idler slot...or whaterer its called, nothing major.

They usually take a while to respond to emails, if they respond at all.

Now, about the crack, you could still shoot the bow(:eek:), but you never know what might happen(a limb snapping, etc.), so I wouldn't keep shooting.

gibson 787
11-27-2010, 01:26 PM
i
have a 09 moab i bought last year, set at 55lb 29" draw, been a great bow.

i haden't used it for about 6 months or so and got it out today and noticed a crack in the top limb, is it bad to keep using it? in my experience don't effect much at all unless there really bad!

am i better to call they shop i bought it from here in australia or to contact martin directly? i don't really think the shop would be that helpfull but i could be wrong

G'day Tuneman, If you bought the bow new from a Martin dealer I'd contact the dealer as you are definitely entitled to a new set of limbs. I wouldn't keep shooting the bow.

If you don't get any satisfaction from the shop, phone Martin between 7am to 11am Australian time. Martin will give you excellent service, I know from personal experience.

Good luck