PDA

View Full Version : rest alighnment

Unregistered
11-26-2010, 06:20 AM
I bought a rytera nemesis, I installed a golden key premier rest and a sure-loc supreme sight, Out of the box I set tiller lenght and cam timing. I then paper tuned bow to bullet holes. THis is where I get confused, I then installed my target stabilizer/v bar set up. With the arrow on the rest, looking down the string, the string lines up with the stabilizer and the scope, but the point end of the arrow is well over 1 inch to the right of the stabilizer?Is this normal, or have I fooled my self with a bad paper tune? It looks like my rest should be moved dramatically to the left, to bring the arrow in line with the stabilizer, string and scope. I would sure appreciate any input. thanks guys

alex
11-26-2010, 06:31 AM
If the bow is accurate now after the tuning, don't touch it anymore. It doesn't align at brace, but i guess at full draw it's ok.

Spiker
11-26-2010, 07:44 AM
That is the way it will look at rest!
Measure from the bridge between the berger holes to the center of the arrow when at rest. If you get from 7/8"-1" your right on the money.
My Nemesis, AX and AZ all look that way at brace but all will shoot great thru paper and have same poi with field points and broadheads.

SonnyThomas
11-27-2010, 06:28 AM
I agree with Alex and Spiker.

If you align the arrow with the string you'll see the sight pin just left of the string (sort of touching on the left side of the string or spaced a bit left - right handed people). And this the proper way to look at it as the arrow should be in line with the power stroke of the string. Of course the stabilizer will be off to some degree.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM
I agree all bows are different. My 2010 is directly in line in every way. I hit all the way out to 60yds. My sons bow is not in line and he hits as well. It is all how the string oscillates and follows on to the cams.