PDA

View Full Version : Extreme archery sight

Unregistered
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I just bought a new extreme archery sight, it is a 4 pin sight. Pins 1 and 3 are slightly right of pins 2 and 4, It is 2 different slots for those pins, has anyone experienced this. Also has anyone done any machining on them to correct it? It looks like I can shave down the plate where those 2 pins mount because they are slightly on a different angle.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-28-2010, 03:08 AM
If it is new I would call the company and see what they will do. Sights are not cheap! I have had pins out of alignment before. Milling down pins doesn't mean you will have them exact. Milling then wrong you could make your 3rd axis off as well as the alignment. I wouldn't recommend milling them. I would see what the company recommends.
Hutch

justin
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
i added a 4th pin to my apex sight awhile ago, and while the length of the pin is the same it sits farther out in the sight frame than the other 3 pins. so if the bow is torqued at all, it loses its alignment and it sticks out like a sore thumb. while shooting i use it as an indication that everything is ready for a shot. it is alot to keep track of though. sight ring, peep ring, level, pin alignment, and pin placement on target. it reminds me of shooting a pistol. lol