PDA

View Full Version : 2011 martin bows

oil can dan
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I just looked at the "martin archery" web site on there 2010 online store, and all of the 2011 bows are in it and the prices look very reasonable:). I expected a good size price hike from all the rumors going around.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks I just took a glance and you are right, not bad at all.
Hutch

SonnyThomas
12-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes, very reasonable prices. Wished my boss would have stayed with Martin, but then he could never get the Pro line. Dealer distance or something like that. Consent from another dealer? Can't remember exactly. We sold every Gold Series we had except for 2 left hand models.

dabber
12-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Wow! Very nice prices. I've been eyeing the 2011 Pantera, but may have to check a few others out. Congrats to Martin on a fine looking line of bows for 2011.

dabber

CarlosII
12-08-2010, 03:23 AM
sonny,

at least you've got a shop to go to. our local dealer shut the doors. started out great but couldn't manage the place worth a darn. he had hoyt, bowtech, bear, high country, quest, and lord knows what else.

shop was a sideline for him since he had a construction related business. gave stuff away to employees, buddies, didn't keep any kind of inventory, and on and on.

ran up somewhere between $100,000 to $250,000 in debt. same old story.

too bad cause he had a decent indoor range.

giltyone
12-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm currently shooting an '09 MOAB but considering one of the following...

Firecat 400
Onza III
Silencer

However, what is the biggest diff between the Pro and Gold Series?

bowgramp59
12-13-2010, 04:40 PM
i ordered an onza 3 today, hope it shoots as good as the alien x, if so i will be very pleased. cool looking bow. i concidered trying the alien nemesis, i think i will like the 32 /1/4" ata better than 34" of the nemesis.

Arrow Splitter
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm currently shooting an '09 MOAB but considering one of the following...

Firecat 400
Onza III
Silencer

However, what is the biggest diff between the Pro and Gold Series?

There really is hardly any difference. I compared the Silencer to the Firecat 400 and found that just the ATA and weight were different, but not by much.

Arrow Splitter
12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
i ordered an onza 3 today, hope it shoots as good as the alien x, if so i will be very pleased. cool looking bow. i concidered trying the alien nemesis, i think i will like the 32 /1/4" ata better than 34" of the nemesis.

Let us know how it shoots!:D

Spiker
12-14-2010, 04:58 AM
If I were going to buy one of the '11's it would be the Shadowcat for the ATA or a Pantera just cuz I havent ever owned a single cam bow yet.

Montalaar
12-14-2010, 05:37 AM
If I were going to buy one of the '11's it would be the Shadowcat for the ATA or a Pantera just cuz I havent ever owned a single cam bow yet.

You should try a custom ShadowCat with a SingleCam then! Must be a great shooter but you should not expect high speeds..

Spiker
12-14-2010, 06:00 AM
That probably would be a great shooting bow.!
I would think that if I used arrows down at IBO weight, speed would be close to what I'm getting with my setups now (290-295).
Maybe a little less...

Montalaar
12-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Damn.

I just had this idea and i must admit: I really like it.

Has someone here an idea about the possibly draw range? o0

Edit:

I just checked the FireCat:
The CAT-Cam FireCat has a max draw of 30".
The Single-Cam FireCat has a max draw of 31".
Bot have the same riser and specs.

So if i change my CAT Cam ShadowCat (max 32.5 draw) to a Single Cam ShadowCat. Will that work? :D

SonnyThomas
12-14-2010, 06:45 AM

Haven't owned a single cam bow, ever? Wow! Single cams, sort of, have just recently been exceeded by several of the new half breed cams. Year 2000, Hoyt (Viper) and Mathews (Black Max) had single cams bows cranking 328 and 330 fps, respectively. Two of my single cam Hoyts have won more awards and trophies for me than all my other half breed cams bows put together. The Hoyt Excel cams system on my Hoyt UltraTec was probably the smoothest (as Silk) single cam bow ever produced and would rival the best offered today. The Master cam system was faster, but the Red Line cam was only 2 fps slower, 314 fps. I still own a Red Line equipped UltraTec and it holds it's own against any bow made today, bar none. It cruises at 295 fps at 29 inches of draw and 62 pounds of draw weight. It's draw cycle is quite the equal or better than most bows of today. I own a magnesium brother of the UltraTec, a MagnaTec. IBO of 308 fps it launches a 380 gr arrow at 270 fps when set to 29 inches of draw and 67 pounds.
The other day I worked on a Parker single cam bow. Giant top wheel and huge single bottom cam I was quite surprised at drawing this bow. The owner had the limbs maxed out at 70 pounds and I could not believe it when I drew it. It felt less than 60 pounds.
And then the Martin M cam. Most impressive when set correctly. I don't like that 80% "drop zone." I set the draw stop in the neighborhood of 65%, maybe 60. Here, the draw is smooth throughout and just a slight bump when hitting the wall. I set up a friend's Bengal for indoor spots as I just said. It shoots like a upper grade target bow. Granted, he has the draw weight well turned down and using big arrows. Don't think for a minute the boys using high grade bows don't look over their shoulders in wonder. He hasn't gotten me yet, but I look. Mmmm? Perhaps I should "tune" his bow before the next indoor match.
I haven't played with the Acu-Trak, but believe it should feel really nice.

Spiker
12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Actually the bow I shoot at geese with, a Jaguar, is a single cam.
But I dont own it.
It's my wifes.=)

Spiker
12-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Damn.

I just had this idea and i must admit: I really like it.

Has someone here an idea about the possibly draw range? o0

Edit:

I just checked the FireCat:
The CAT-Cam FireCat has a max draw of 30".
The Single-Cam FireCat has a max draw of 31".
Bot have the same riser and specs.

So if i change my CAT Cam ShadowCat (max 32.5 draw) to a Single Cam ShadowCat. Will that work? :D

I dont see why it wouldn't.

giltyone
12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
So...those of you that have shot the new '11 bows.....

How does this new cable guard/stop perform?

Pros/cons versus the CSS system?

It's the only thing that is making me hesitate on the new bow.... I like my CSS.

Arrow Splitter
12-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Actually the bow I shoot at geese with, a Jaguar, is a single cam.
But I dont own it.
It's my wifes.=)

The Jaguar is a great bow. It's the only bow I own, for now anyway.:cool:

Spiker
12-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Simon- have you done any more research on the single cam Scat???

Montalaar
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
No, not yet.

I just checked if my pro shop has the single cams available and he has not at this point of time. I am pretty sure that this conversion should work without any problem. I already got the string and cable lengths by calculating a bit. Now i just need the limb deflection number...

And i am pretty sure that i will get a draw range from 28 to 33 or at least from 27 to 32.