PDA

View Full Version : What is your thoughts?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I have a hunter that lives near the end of my road. He displays his deer every year. By hanging it in the front yard, 30 feet from the road. That would be fine if he didn't skin it and cut it up right there also. As well as leaving the legs hanging when he is done. I think the people passing, hunters or not are probably offended. I also think it gives us a bad name as hunters.
HUTCH

Simple Life
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Disrespectful-take some pics and show your family and friends THAT want to see your prize.At the least ,show some respect to your game.

ElkSlayer
12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
As a hunter it is our job to be sure to "not offend " others
I take great care of my game , from field to freezer. Now I do un load it in my driveway.. most the neighbors come over to take a look..then its in to the garage...skined, & etc. all behind closed doors.. My spring Tom, now that caused quite the sence. had ever kid around wanting feathers ;)
Few years back guy across the street picked up a buck that was hit buy car he was behind on the road..he hung that nasty lookin piece of road kill from the tree in the yard for two days while he tried to salvage it.:eek:
now he did save most of the meat in the 1st night it was the rest that he picked at that was bad... thankfuly he listened to me and took it down and outa here... worst part was that my brother in law used to live there and I know that garage has a 6x8 beam to hang game...IT holds Elk :D

Ehunter
12-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm in total agreement with you guys. Show some respect to the game, as well as the way of life. People that want to see the deer, don't neccessarily want to see the inside of the body cavity, so pictures will suffice. I have my processor hang my deer for me for a few days in the cooler, rather than let it hang outside. It's our duty to be responsible with our harvests, and not give the impression we are all "Hillbilly" hunters. I've seen deer hanging in trees in town here. Right along major streets. Granted, it's a small town, but not that small of a town. For every one of that type of guy, it makes 50 of the rest of us look bad.

RLW
12-09-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm in total agreement with you guys. Show some respect to the game, as well as the way of life..........

another one in agreement.
In my area/state vast majority I know or see are very respectful of the game we hunt and of the feeling of others, but there are those few that are quite the opposite in it only for the blood lust and screw everyone else attitude.

I'm also a dirt biker (hear the boos & hisses?) Same things happens there, most keep their bikes quiet as we can, respect the trails and people we meet of the trails, and a lot of us belong to trail bike clubs that help maintain trails for all to use, but there are those few again out there, close to town and most in the public eye screaming illegally down the streets on excessive loud bikes, or throwing dust up and gravel in campgrounds put all in a stereo typical negative light.

Stéphane
12-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Does he have a son who plays the banjo?

SonnyThomas
12-09-2010, 06:23 AM
You could make up a sign and plant in his front yard; "Dork lives here."

gibson 787
12-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Hmm, kind of like hanging your washing in the front yard. Doesn't he have a back yard? A case of just just showing off maybe.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I asked this same ? on At. I truly believe people don't read. 90% of them said it was ok.:eek:
Hutch

justin
12-09-2010, 04:46 PM
lol yeah it seems to be in really really bad taste....... :(

Ehunter
12-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Hutch, maybe it's just us Martin shooters that have more advanced morals. lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Hutch, maybe it's just us Martin shooters that have more advanced morals. lol

I think its because we are the only smart ones. ;)

bfisher
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I asked this same ? on At. I truly believe people don't read. 90% of them said it was ok.:eek:
Hutch

Heck, may as well make it 100% agreement. At least I'm glad to see some REAL hunters on this site. Good job fellows.

ElkSlayer
12-10-2010, 11:35 AM
must of missed that thread on AT I would have told you the same thing Its just poor taste... Im for the show-n-tell.. But butchering needs to be done behind closed doors... That behavior may be turning some young hunters away.... my two daughters for example both like venison but only 1 likes to hunt she has 4 step kids 2 of them want to hunt the oldest wont touch meat period ..she (oldest grand daughter 18)will tell you she dose not like venison and refused to even wrap it for her dad last year .. but yet she will lay a hurtin on a pan of backstrap. even cooks it so long as she can use tongs....lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2010, 11:49 AM
This is one of the replies I received from the thread on AT.

"11 yrs ago I shared a house with 3 other guys who were single at time. We used the basketball hoop in the driveway to hang and skin them. To this day I could care less what anyone who drove by may have thought. We paid for the tags, harvested the deer legally and used the property we were paying to live in as a place to "make meat", so what?"

These are the hunters that walk into the corner store, all covered in blood (from gutting the deer) to get beer. They wonder why more and more anti's are upset.
:mad:

The whole thread was cocky answers from men who don't get the picture.:(

Stéphane
12-10-2010, 11:58 AM

"11 yrs ago I shared a house with 3 other guys who were single at time. We used the basketball hoop in the driveway to hang and skin them. To this day I could care less what anyone who drove by may have thought. We paid for the tags, harvested the deer legally and used the property we were paying to live in as a place to "make meat", so what?"

These are the hunters that walk into the corner store, all covered in blood (from gutting the deer) to get beer. They wonder why more and more anti's are upset.

Ouch! Let's talk about a redneck.

ElkSlayer
12-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Hutch I have seen their beer cans and donut boxes...
soon as rifle season opens around here, timber co. open the gates to their lands....Walk in during bow season its clean, gates open trucks drive threw out comes the trash.:eek:.. I just dont get it Guess I have a better truck then they do IT can handle the extra weight of my game.. no need to toss out trash to lighten the load

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Here's another example of a AT response.
"Don't give a !@## what other people think, what do you think about that?"

Sounds like a mature good hunter :rolleyes: whom I hope lives far away from me!

ElkSlayer
12-10-2010, 03:55 PM
ahh the keyboard tuff guy . most likely cant even shoot his bow let alone use it to take game

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
ahh the keyboard tuff guy . most likely cant even shoot his bow let alone use it to take game

Probably doesn't even own a bow.:rolleyes:

ElkSlayer
12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Probably doesn't even own a bow.:rolleyes:

ya know now that you mentioned it....I have wondered how many don't and how many just like to stir the pot

justin
12-10-2010, 07:28 PM

lol my mother lives up north.......she says they close schools and half of the buisiness in town arent open on the deer opener......(probably gun) so alot of it probably has to do about where you live..... i cant see being bloody and getting beer up there is out of the ordinary at any time of the year....although she does mention how disturbing it is when she finds out more first cousins got married up there........ lol yeah must depend on where you live...

Ehunter
12-11-2010, 03:35 AM
I'm against the bloody displays of harveted animals, but leave me and my cousin alone. lol

ElkSlayer
12-11-2010, 12:23 PM
although she does mention how disturbing it is when she finds out more first cousins got married up there........ lol yeah must depend on where you live...

I would say so :eek: