PDA

View Full Version : martin warthog

cridertj
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
just wondering if anyone knows why they droped this bow?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't know. Doesn't make sense to drop a great bow like that one.
Hutch

justin
12-09-2010, 04:39 PM
i shot one recently and was blown away......i really liked it!!!

RLW
12-10-2010, 05:44 AM
probably dropped due to lack of sales.........I've noticed many seem to think they have to have short bows anymore, so maybe that super long 35" ATA turned them away? (personally I prefer bows 35" and longer, and think my 32" Bengal is too short, but it shoots nice)

Over the years, Martin seems to drop a bow name, only to bring it back a few years later..........Warthog and Firecat are both examples of that. Been around for many years, then dropped. Firecat came back in '08 and Warthog in '09

bfisher
12-10-2010, 09:30 AM
probably dropped due to lack of sales.........I've noticed many seem to think they have to have short bows anymore, so maybe that super long 35" ATA turned them away? (personally I prefer bows 35" and longer, and think my 32" Bengal is too short, but it shoots nice)

Over the years, Martin seems to drop a bow name, only to bring it back a few years later..........Warthog and Firecat are both examples of that. Been around for many years, then dropped. Firecat came back in '08 and Warthog in '09

Exactly what RLW said. Probably lack of sales due to the ultra-long A2A---yeah, right!!!!!!!!! Start by looking at the specs on the 2011 bows. So many are right in the 32" range; virtual clones of each other except a slightly different riser and/or cam configuration.

Why the love affair with these short A2A bows is beyond me. Seems people are more worried these days about portability instead of shootability and accuracy. I'm a mere 5'8" and bows shorter than 36" just don't get it for me. Thus my choice being the Alien Z.

cridertj
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I really like my warthog and i to do not like the shorter bows .I am looking for a 60 lb bow for 3d and target and was disappointed at the new line up.I might look at the onza but have not seen or shot one yet. has any one else shot one and what are your thoughts on it?

ElkSlayer
12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
look for them in shops sellin off old stock then... I too dont get the short ATA ........@ 6'4" I shoot 40"+ thou i do want to get my hands on a new martin perhaps in 2012 they will break this trend

Simple Life
12-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I bought a 30" ata bow this fall,thinking it would be really good for my hunting stand,but man my grouping is suffering.Never buy one again.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I owned a Martin Altitude. It was 30 3/8" ata, it grouped extremely well. All the way out to 80 yards. And yes it was all on me for aiming because it only had a 6 3/4" bh and short ata. The bow was not forgiving at all. But I learned to use it well. Now with the 2010 Bengal being 32 1/4" ata I don't have to concentrate so much. So I imagine a longer ata must really help.

gibson 787
12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
For me, my Warthog holds incredibly steady in hand, is fast and because it holds so steady, is consistantly accurate. There is a bit more shock than what some people would like but not a worry to me. The Hog is a great bow and will always be in my collection.

ElkSlayer
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
being a long draw guy using a short a2a bow it hard to get your nose on the string because of string angle...where as a long a2a bow has less string angle giving a 3rd pt to aid in aiming... mine is not as "forgiving" as one would think... lets me know right away if I did something wrong