PDA

View Full Version : I'm shooting tubeless

Stéphane
12-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks to the guys who told me to go tubeless with me peep sight. I went to the pro shop today and I told him that I shot well over a 100 shots and that I wanted to go without the tube.

A bit reluctant because I got the info of the internet (I guess some of you would understand where comes from). But he still did it. Of course he was right, the peep didn't lined up. This is when he was probably torn between the "I told you so" and the putting back the old system on. So, he tried to turn the string one more time and Bingo!

I got home, tried it for about 30 shots and I love it.

Off topic
By the way, this Bengal is a fantastic bow. I absolutely love it. Very forgiving, smooth and most of all, fun to shoot. As a matter of fact, I'm so happy with my 30 yard grouping that I will try deer hunting this year for the first time in my life. Really excited.

ElkSlayer
12-11-2010, 11:14 AM
good for you man ...most of the time they do want to just slap the tube back on... you will not notice it but you have gain a bit of speed too.
Learn all you can from where ever you can get the info:D keep on shooting

Simple Life
12-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Congrats,tubeless is the way to go and maybe save an eye.What did you put in for a peep?

justin
12-11-2010, 12:16 PM
if it doesnt mess you up to much, and your peep starts to twist on you a bit you can slide it up or down your string a little bit and it should straighten out. u might have to adjust your sight a lil though. but a consistant sight picture is key to good groups.

Stéphane
12-11-2010, 01:11 PM
good for you man ...most of the time they do want to just slap the tube back on... you will not notice it but you have gain a bit of speed too.
Learn all you can from where ever you can get the info:D keep on shooting
Oh, I've noticed. First of, my shots were higher, 2nd at 20 yards, the broadheads go through the 2' wide Styrofoam block while before they would just swallow half my arrow.

Congrats,tubeless is the way to go and maybe save an eye.What did you put in for a peep?
I don't know the name, but what I did notice is the bow is louder all of a sudden. I'll get an sts shortly.

if it doesnt mess you up to much, and your peep starts to twist on you a bit you can slide it up or down your string a little bit and it should straighten out. u might have to adjust your sight a lil though. but a consistant sight picture is key to good groups.
Yes, my group got wider, so it needs some adjustments on my part to pick the same point every single time. Mind you, I've been shooting for over 2 hours too. I can feel it in my shoulder blade. I'll go again tomorrow, because they have a 3D shoot for charity.

All in all, I'm pleased and I'll never go back to a tube.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2010, 01:11 PM
You'll love that bow more and more once you learn it inside and out. Also when you learn to work on it that will help. It will be self rewarding. :cool:

Arrow Splitter
12-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't know the name, but what I did notice is the bow is louder all of a sudden. I'll get an sts shortly.
Peeps with tubing slow the string down, so now without the tubing, the string can ocilate more, causing more noise. The STS should take care of the problem.:cool:

ElkSlayer
12-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes, my group got wider, so it needs some adjustments on my part to pick the same point every single time. Mind you, I've been shooting for over 2 hours too. I can feel it in my shoulder blade. .

Be careful and dont over do it when playing with that new toy.. ;)
take short brakes inbetween rounds..:cool:

Simple Life
12-11-2010, 04:35 PM

X2-Your shooting will go down hill and when you start to fatigue and ache.
When I first started I set a limit of how many arrows I would shoot and feel comfortable with,then up it as my muscles and stamina built up.Just my .02

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
X2-Your shooting will go down hill and when you start to fatigue and ache.
When I first started I set a limit of how many arrows I would shoot and feel comfortable with,then up it as my muscles and stamina built up.Just my .02
x3 Build slowly and you do much better.

Arrow Splitter
12-11-2010, 05:09 PM

X4 I definitely agree as well. My accuracy goes down if I've shot too many rounds consecutively.

ElkSlayer
12-11-2010, 06:44 PM
:cool: I tell you all a quick story about i guy i used to shoot with... we would start out with some marked yardage warm ups ..then move our targets an start playing games ...most fun was fallow the leader...just with a twist we called it Hawk.. yep as in arrow hawking. so one can imagine you try to make the hardest shot you can at some un known distance to prevent your arrow getting hit ( back in the day befor range finders) After a long hot day of this your shots start to waver.:rolleyes: well this guy would start moving his sights /rest, what ever he could blame the fact that he just wiffed some shot... now this guy gave up archery all be cause he just had to keep messin with his set up...
so take note boy an girls if your shooting your bow for hours and then you start to miss ...IT is NOT you bows falt;) lay it down for a bit and try again an hey look it fixed its slef:D

justin
12-12-2010, 09:37 AM
shooting tired is a really good way to pick up bad habits!!

ElkSlayer
12-12-2010, 10:55 AM
and catch a good case of TP:eek: i dare not type the words

SonnyThomas
12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
This thing of saving one's eye. Evidently, people don't know how to prevent the situation. First, I will not use that "cloths pin" that comes with the kits. Here, the tube can slip off the "cloths pin" and the rubber can come right back at you. I tie a knot and tie it so the end points up. Second, I always have the rubber tubing as long as I can and yet short enough to straighten the peep. This cuts down on tension and prolongs life. Mostly, the rubber wears out at the post of the peep. Here, having the tubing as long as possible and yet short enough to straighten peep I can remove the broken tubing from the post and re-attach the long piece until it breaks again. When it breaks the second time I then replace the tubing.

I've used the rubber tubing on my hunting bow for all the 10 years I've owned it and never had the rubber break at the knot.

ElkSlayer
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
glad you are not using the clothes pin..that cheep thing caused damage to both the bows we picked up used for the grandkids..one was atached to one leg of the Y yoke and cut a strand..new string on that one the other i was able to just reserve.. I used to use one too then I had a surenoc metal loop to align peep.. new string now and that things is gone too.

Simple Life
12-13-2010, 03:17 PM
This thing of saving one's eye. Evidently, people don't know how to prevent the situation. First, I will not use that "cloths pin" that comes with the kits. Here, the tube can slip off the "cloths pin" and the rubber can come right back at you. I tie a knot and tie it so the end points up. Second, I always have the rubber tubing as long as I can and yet short enough to straighten the peep. This cuts down on tension and prolongs life. Mostly, the rubber wears out at the post of the peep. Here, having the tubing as long as possible and yet short enough to straighten peep I can remove the broken tubing from the post and re-attach the long piece until it breaks again. When it breaks the second time I then replace the tubing.

I've used the rubber tubing on my hunting bow for all the 10 years I've owned it and never had the rubber break at the knot.

I know with good bow maintenance it should not happen,but it is 1 less thing to worry about.Plus don't forget Ralphie

Arrow Splitter
12-13-2010, 04:48 PM

When I had a tube peep I never had the tubing break, but I tied it on as well. Even the bows I worked on that had tube peeps would just have worn rubber on the post of the peep, like you stated.

SonnyThomas
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I know with good bow maintenance it should not happen,but it is 1 less thing to worry about.Plus don't forget Ralphie

I have no problem with someone preferring tubeless or using tubing. I use both. My 3 target bows are tubeless. 1 less thing to worry about always isn't true. All strings stretch or change over a period numerous shots or weather conditions. 6 or 7 different makes of strings and I've been there and done that to the tune of some 12,000 to 15,000 shots per year for the last 10years. I have to practice to stay up. I'm left eye dominent and have to shoot right handed.

So who's Ralphie?

Simple Life
12-14-2010, 12:15 AM
So who's Ralphie?

Just a little christmas joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Story

Simple Life
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
1 less thing to worry about always isn't true. All strings stretch or change over a period numerous shots or weather conditions.
So who's Ralphie?

No you are right ,even tubeless peeps need to be watched.;)

SonnyThomas
12-14-2010, 02:20 PM
No you are right ,even tubeless peeps need to be watched.;)

One thing for sure about archery. It can be both the most aggravating and the most gratifying of all disciplines.

justin
12-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I have no problem with someone preferring tubeless or using tubing. I use both. My 3 target bows are tubeless. 1 less thing to worry about always isn't true. All strings stretch or change over a period numerous shots or weather conditions. 6 or 7 different makes of strings and I've been there and done that to the tune of some 12,000 to 15,000 shots per year for the last 10years. I have to practice to stay up. I'm left eye dominent and have to shoot right handed.

So who's Ralphie?

lol i too am left eye dominate, but i choose to shoot right handed. i shoot rifles left handed, but never had any issues shooting a rifle right handed either. when shooting my bow i just switch dominate eyes for a bit. lol it can be done.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-15-2010, 03:45 PM
lol i too am left eye dominate, but i choose to shoot right handed. i shoot rifles left handed, but never had any issues shooting a rifle right handed either. when shooting my bow i just switch dominate eyes for a bit. lol it can be done.

I am left handed, right eye dominate. I shoot anything either hand. But when it comes to shooting bows its both eyes open. :D