PDA

View Full Version : Arrow distance chart??

Unregistered
12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
My son has a science project looking at distance arrows travel at various angles. Is there any type of chart, resource, etc, that is available to see how his results compare? Thanks, please send to wirthrph@yahoo. Thanks.

bfisher
12-15-2010, 08:58 AM
My son has a science project looking at distance arrows travel at various angles. Is there any type of chart, resource, etc, that is available to see how his results compare? Thanks, please send to wirthrph@yahoo. Thanks.

I'll do a little checking nd get back to you.

bfisher
12-15-2010, 09:15 AM
OK, I didn't find anything particular to any charts, but just Google "Flight Shooting Archery" and this might give some insight as to how far an arrow can travel.

For what it's worth, the record is over 2000 yards, which is over 1 mile. This from a crossbow. The record for a hand-held compound bow is something over 1,320 yards.

justin
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
lol interesting. physics equations will do more for you than a chart i think. and you have to calculate you coefiecient of drag, then measure your shooting angle and aarow velocity and total distance traveled. aarow drop..... lol umm how indepth is this? highschool physics? it can go either way pretty far.....

SonnyThomas
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't think Peter can see anything until he gets registered. I emailed him Archery Flight Records and told him to check some archery programs.