PDA

View Full Version : Martin Whisker Biscuit Lock Mount

Aaron
12-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I am new to bowhunting and I just bought a Martin Saber bow and installed a quickshot Whisker Biscuit. Then I found out that Martin makes a cool looking customized Whisker Biscuit that sits flush with the bow. Is there any advantage to using the Martin WB or is it just aesthetics?

Also, I have a D-loop tied on but it seems to have moved to the other side of the string so that when I draw the bow, the peep sight is crooked, even with the rubber band pulling the peep. Any thoughts on the best way to keep the peep sight centered?

copterdoc
12-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Rubbers are for babes, not bows. Get rid of it, and buy a good string. The loop isn't the problem. Your string is doing what is called creeping. It is slowly stretching and this causes the peep and loop to rotate.

There is no benefit for using a Martin mount WB. If you have the filler piece, you can use any WB rest just as well.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Copterdoc is right. The bow maybe new, and it sounds crazy, but a custom string is the way to go. It stops peep rotation. The rubber tube smarts when they break also. Go tubeless peep. If you don't replace the string it will settle in after approx 100 shots. Till then you will have to mess with the peep to keep it right. By several different methods you will be able to keep the peep in place. Moving your d loop, moving the cable side of the tubing up, or shorting it to make it straighten the peep.
Hutch

Simple Life
12-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Rubbers are for babes, not bows.

Thought rubbers were for your feet.:rolleyes:

As stated stick with the WB you have,save your money.

RobD
12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
New string would be good. You could also put a couple twist in the draw string and it should help ya with peep rotation.