PDA

View Full Version : Martin Compound Draw length

jahiatt
12-28-2010, 02:25 AM
I did back off the limb bolts and not enough slack. I am taking it to the bow shop today (only 25 miles away) , I know they have a press. If I get the cable moved to the longest draw, won't this give me just a little more draw weight? Its weight is adjusted to max now.
This bow adjusts from 30-45 and 45 is a little weak for me, I only bought it because it is in excellent shape and I like the looks of it.

elkslayer4x5
12-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Unlike a recurve bow, a compound will NOT increase draw weight by drawing it further, it's still gonna be 45#s, not that that is a bad thing, In fact, drawing less weight will let you learn beter form. I am guessing that you are fairly new to achery, is that correct? And by the way, you're right, that is a good looking bow. Lots of critters fell to 45# recurves, and your ole Martin is gonna hit harder than those recurves did. :)

bfisher
12-28-2010, 07:52 AM
It's been so long since I worked n a bow with slotted wheels, but I think the weight will go up by 5# or so when moving the cables to the next longer slot. Just can't quite remember, though.

With more modern bows with modules the weight wouldn't change because the cam (wheel) orientation isn't changed, but with yours the draw is made longer by retarding the wheel more, which I believe (or hope) makes the weight go up.