PDA

View Full Version : Cant get nocks out

Unregistered
12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I glued my nocks in using pine ridge instant arrow glue. Im not happy with the alignment on some arrows is there any way to get nocks out. I really dont want to refletch brand new arrows. I am using carbon express arrows

alex
12-30-2010, 11:53 AM
What kind of nocks you've used? You may try to twist them using pliers and then pull them, but there's a risk of destroying both them and the shaft. I really don't like the nocks that need to be glued.

ElkSlayer
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
you could try a little heat...its going to ruin the nock thou... with both nock/insert glued in there is no easy way to remove eather..

Spiker
12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
You can cut them off right behind the arrow then use a drill bit and/or a chainsaw file to clean the rest out of the arrow.

alex
12-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Another idea - put a blunt head and shoot the arrow into a rock. With this you'll achieve 2 things: get rid of the nocks and understand whether the carbon arrows are really that tough ;) :D

bfisher
12-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Nobody else has sid anything about this so I have to ask. Why in the world did you glue the nocks into the arrows? If you don't already know it, the nocks for carbon arrows are a press fit and don't need glued in. By not gluing them you can index them as you please and relace them if you bust nocks once in a while---or often.

justin
12-30-2010, 03:03 PM
i glued a knock once in because i had no others.(the knock was slightly undersized)

used a small small spot of glue though and it came right out with a twist with a pliars. since then i always try to have at least 12 exrta knocks and incerts at all times that are the right size..........