PDA

View Full Version : martin jaguar identification

Unregistered
01-01-2011, 01:10 PM
the site wouldn't let me post a reply to my original thread since i'm not registered, but here's a link to photobucket with all the pictures i could take of the bow. i did get the messages about it being a 2007 or 2008 model. i didn't think it would be that new considering what i got it for (aprox 145 plus shipping). it is in excellent shape and i'm especially excited to start shooting it considering i'm just getting into the sport and the bow i was shooting is a 1975 browning woodsman that is set at a 30" draw length and 65 lbs and i shoot a 27.5" and a 55 lb, so this is great. the new one even has a let off (i can't adjust the woodsman at all and i can't draw it back enough to get it to break over).

http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd493/tombarbee64/

bfisher
01-01-2011, 01:27 PM
OK, I'm late with my post on your original thread. I'm sorry about you not being able to register. Please be patient as I have been trying to get hold of admin to get this straightened out.

Don't fret too much. The bow you got has to be either 2007 with a 2008 cam or possibly a 2008 model (with draw stop). Sounds like you made a very good deal for yourself. As you know, it'll fit much better and is 30 years newer so you're going to end up a happy camper.

Now I have to check your photobucket link.

alex
01-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Well, it's either a late 2007 or an early 2008 model - the cams are grey, but have a draw stop :D This isn't so important. The bow is good, have a nice time with it. I'm not 100% sure but i think the cam needs a little adjustment. By the way i have the same stabilizer - made in Taiwan. I've found that it works better if you add some rubber to it. I have mine drilled and threaded in the front and in the hole i've put a threaded steel rod with 3 heavy pieces of rubber (from a walking cane). It works better so. :)

Arrow Splitter
01-01-2011, 01:30 PM
the new one even has a let off (i can't adjust the woodsman at all and i can't draw it back enough to get it to break over).

Yes, your Jaguar has a let off, 80% to be exact. You will notice a big difference in shooting your Jaguar in comparison to the Woodsman.:cool: