PDA

View Full Version : just ordered a bone hunter

Unregistered
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Well since no one answered my question on when dicks would get 2011 bows in. I just ordered a bone hunter. The reason I wanted to get on at dicks was cause I had gift cards and a 15% off online order coupon. I could of went 5 min up the road and got it but I dont trust the bows in the store have never been dry fired, and the one up the road had limb savers on it so i think someone bought it and took it back cause I dont think it comes with them.

alex
01-02-2011, 06:05 AM
Good luck with your bow!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Certainly a good way of buying it. New not handled. Keep in touch we will be interested in how you like it.

Hutch

bfisher
01-02-2011, 11:46 AM
The reason nobody asnwered as to when Dick's would get 2011 bows in because we don't know. Dick's may not have even placed an order yet. Only Martin, Dicks, and the area sales rep know this.

I used to work in the archery dept of a Gander Mt. store and it was the same thing there. Our store is in Pa. and the home office for GM is in Minnesota. The buyers for the company order what they want to sell and the respective stores have little input or advance knowledge of what has been ordered till long after the fact.

bowgramp59
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
which martin bow is the bone hunter? i have never been into a dicks sporting
goods!

bfisher
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I just looked and it has a 32 1/4" a2a so I would say it compares to the Bengal more so than the Cheetah.

Spiker
01-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Dicks Bone Hunter = Bengal.
Dicks Rack Rage = Pantera.

Arrow Splitter
01-03-2011, 05:53 AM

You are correct.:cool:

joelc
01-03-2011, 07:14 AM

Close but no cigar...

Bone Hunter = Cheetah
Rack Rage = MOAB

Montalaar
01-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Nice to see you here, joel.

Spiker
01-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Joel - you would be the one to know for sure but Dicks advertized specs dont match up that way and this pic of the 'Rack Rage' dont look like a MOAB riser at all.
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=259

Could be they (Dicks) just have the specs listed wrong on their website...

Arrow Splitter
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Close but no cigar...

Bone Hunter = Cheetah
Rack Rage = MOAB

:confused::confused:

bfisher
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Joel, if you're still around I need to talk to you. PM me please.

Barry

elkslayer4x5
01-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Close but no cigar...

Bone Hunter = Cheetah
Rack Rage = MOAB

If the Cheetah became Dick's Bone Hunter and the Moab is Dick's Rack Rage, what happened to the Bengal? :confused:

bfisher
01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Joel - you would be the one to know for sure but Dicks advertized specs dont match up that way and this pic of the 'Rack Rage' dont look like a MOAB riser at all.
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=259

Could be they (Dicks) just have the specs listed wrong on their website...

That would have to be my guess. As I said, the specs say 32 1/4" and that is closer to the Bengal than the Cheetah. The only difference would be the riser between the two.

Spiker
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I still think, if they are as listed, they are the Bengal and Pantera.
And Joan, Joel and Vince must be driving to the ATA show...

bfisher
01-05-2011, 03:40 AM
Joel got lucky this year and isn't going. Don't know how many of you have ever worked a show, but it's a necessary PITA. Most shows you're away from home, living out of a suitcase, spending 12 hours a day showing or demonstrating your products and not really selling anything. Narrating the same sales pitch all day long to people who, in some cases, have no intentions of buying anything. You never get a chance to wander around and see what is new and exciting. It gets real old. Thank goodness it's only for a couple days. Then there is the put-up and tear down and pack away everything to ship back home.

bonehunter
01-05-2011, 05:50 PM
i think the rack rage is the pantara. Dicks specs are wrong

cplgibson
01-12-2011, 12:36 PM
I Have a 2009 Bone Hunter from Dicks Sporting Goods and it is a Cheetah with different color wheel and cam. My bow mechanic works on my bows out of his home but works part time at a Martin Dealer and assures me it is a Cheeta.

As for when the 2011 bows will be ordered, not till at least febuary, My wife is middle managment at Dicks Sportinggoods Corp. Office and she says there fiscal year ends january 31 so nothing new is receipted till early feb of every year at earliest.

By the way I love my Martin Bone Hunter very good bow at reasonable price