PDA

View Full Version : Illuminated arrow nocks

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Here is some links to build your own much cheaper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlUJujJZphc

Hutch

alex
01-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Cool! The only problem would be the battery - never seen one like this here.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Cool! The only problem would be the battery - never seen one like this here.

Check this out!
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=907712&highlight=lighted+nocks

alex
01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks, Hutch! I'll try to find thill lights batteries here (hard task). Making homemade lumenocks looks like a fun job, hope i'll be able to do it. Have you ever made some?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Hutch! I'll try to find thill lights batteries here (hard task). Making homemade lumenocks looks like a fun job, hope i'll be able to do it. Have you ever made some?

Not yet! But I probably will. I make just about everything we have. Bow press, arrow saw, arrow squaring tool, string jig , bow vises, shooting machine/ drawing tool, targets, and the list goes on.

Hutch

alex
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Not yet! But I probably will. I make just about everything we have. Bow press, arrow saw, arrow squaring tool, string jig , bow vises, shooting machine/ drawing tool, targets, and the list goes on.

Hutch

My respects for this, Hutch! Making your gear/tools (not only for the archery) is fun and great training, not to mention the money saving :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
My respects for this, Hutch! Making your gear/tools (not only for the archery) is fun and great training, not to mention the money saving :)

The most fun thing I made was the shooting machine. It saved me $1,000 TO $2,000 dollars. I like the idea of seeing the potential of a bow on this machine. It is a multi purpose tool.

Hutch

alex
01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I've seen the video a couple of times - it's a great machine! Have you tried it on some long range shots by the way? All the vids i've seen about shooting machines are with shots from a couple of yards and i wonder what would be if it shoots at 100 yards or more.

Stéphane
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
If I can find these, I'll make a few to go hunt in the pound. Lost an arrow yesterday trying to get a goose.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I've seen the video a couple of times - it's a great machine! Have you tried it on some long range shots by the way? All the vids i've seen about shooting machines are with shots from a couple of yards and i wonder what would be if it shoots at 100 yards or more.

It will shoot out way over 100yards. We took it out to a buddies house and shot it at 100yards and that wasn't even a problem. The up and down adjustment has a lot of adjustment. The cool thing was, at 100yards it hit perfect. Then when you shoot the bow it shows if you are torquing the bow. Most right handers will be to the left and left handers to the right.

HUTCH

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
If I can find these, I'll make a few to go hunt in the pound. Lost an arrow yesterday trying to get a goose.

These are nice and will help find an arrow, but a metal detector would be better. For the reason most of the time the arrow is in the ground. But they help you track your arrow to see where it landed.

Hutch

alex
01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
It will shoot out way over 100yards. We took it out to a buddies house and shot it at 100yards and that wasn't even a problem. The up and down adjustment has a lot of adjustment. The cool thing was, at 100yards it hit perfect. Then when you shoot the bow it shows if you are torquing the bow. Most right handers will be to the left and left handers to the right.

HUTCH

Cool indeed!

ElkSlayer
01-05-2011, 03:31 AM
hey hutch I saw that on AT.. is a cool idea, easy enough too.. I even found the thrill lights in waly world as well as in another store ..but we cant use lighted nocks here unless its just for fun...:( I may make some up just for shooting some flu flu's at night..peskey critters in the trash ya know:D
Now about that shooter machine..:cool: post up a pic some time

elkslayer4x5
01-05-2011, 09:56 AM

Did you mean pond? If so, do carbon arrow float? Might have to string up a recurve for that Goose shooting work, then try cedar shafted Flu-flus. Other wise you're gonna have to drain the pond to retrieve that arrow. :)

Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery
It will shoot out way over 100yards. We took it out to a buddies house and shot it at 100yards and that wasn't even a problem.
So what kind of group did the machine shoot at 100 yds? :confused:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-05-2011, 11:37 AM
hey hutch I saw that on AT.. is a cool idea, easy enough too.. I even found the thrill lights in waly world as well as in another store ..but we cant use lighted nocks here unless its just for fun...:( I may make some up just for shooting some flu flu's at night..peskey critters in the trash ya know:D
Now about that shooter machine..:cool: post up a pic some time

Check out my albums in my profile. Also take a look at the video at the bottom of my posts.

Hutch

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
So what kind of group did the machine shoot at 100 yds? :confused:

At 90 yards we hit great groups, 3" to 4" even with a slight wind. My sons Jaguar did even better than the rest of the bows. At 100 yards the groups where great as well, but we didn't have enough time to compare or continue. A few shots each at 100 yards was all we had time for. They still were in the bullseye zone. The bummer was my bow was not able to be shot because of a cracked limb.

Hutch

Stéphane
01-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I made a couple of them today. Easy enough to do. I'll try them on Saturday and let you know how they work.

I also bought translucent nocks.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/DSC00851.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/DSC00852.jpg

Light off. . .
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/DSC00854.jpg

. . . light on!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/DSC00855.jpg

ElkSlayer
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
that looks real nice, sure lights up.
Now I gather by the pictures it is the come on after the shot type. green cut of nock holds it in place while red ( is that been sanded) turns it on/off.
or is the green just to help hold it in place... whats it group like with non lighted arrows.. just curious here. I could not hunt with that but sure would be fun to play with.

SonnyThomas
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Guy came to the shop and was using these. Said they cost about $4.00. I turned off the indoor range lights and watched. The nock came on at the shot, before the arrow left the bow.

Not sure how the they work - the light is a plunger? The green thingy?

I know we had Lume Nocks and those ones with the magnet - just hanging on the wall, year old, every battery is dead.

alex
01-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Great job, Stephane! I guess i'll start a search at our fishing shops, hope some of them to sell the Nite Brites. The illuminated nocks sold here are 11 euros (about 14$) for one which is insane.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Nice to be able to save some bucks a do it yourself. Great job!

Hutch

Arrow Splitter
01-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Nice nocks Stephane!:)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Looking at those lighted nocks looks like it is time for me to have arrow splitter make some.:D

Hutch

Stéphane
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
that looks real nice, sure lights up.
Now I gather by the pictures it is the come on after the shot type. green cut of nock holds it in place while red ( is that been sanded) turns it on/off.
or is the green just to help hold it in place... whats it group like with non lighted arrows.. just curious here. I could not hunt with that but sure would be fun to play with.

Guy came to the shop and was using these. Said they cost about $4.00. I turned off the indoor range lights and watched. The nock came on at the shot, before the arrow left the bow.

Not sure how the they work - the light is a plunger? The green thingy?

I know we had Lume Nocks and those ones with the magnet - just hanging on the wall, year old, every battery is dead.

The green part is the fixed part inside the arrow. The red/orange part slides in and lights up. To turn it off, just pull the nock out. I tried the 2 I made. One works flawlessly, better the the twice the price Lumenock. The other stopped working because I didn't glue it properly.

As for the grouping, I shot at 50 yards today. My best group since I started shooting at that range. Having said that, I will use them for duck, goose and grouse hunting. I already lost many arrows hunting these guys. Now, I'll see where they are.

Thank Hutch for the tip on how to make them.

SG

parttimr
01-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Did a search and found them at www.fishermanswarehouse.com for $2.99 in yellow, green, and red.

ElkSlayer
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
see that just shows how good a picture you posted :D and I Pay attention :D lol