PDA

View Full Version : 06 slayer

rjd
01-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Okay guys have gotten just over a hundred shots on the new strings. Really impressedwith the feel. Wanting to know what tricks/tips I need to get this maxed out like my Firecat.
Nitrous B cams got it around 27.75 for draw lenght, 63# draw weight. Shooting either Goldtip 55/75 or Cabelas Stalkers 27.5 " 100 grain tips , Rayzers for fletching on the GT's blazers on the Cabelas. Have a ripcord on it for now might switch to bisquit for now. Have not set up the chrono yet.
Just looking for tips/tricks to get the max out of it.

copterdoc
01-04-2011, 05:30 AM
I thought that in a previous thread, you posted that 27.5", was too long for you?

If your DL is 27", you want 13" limbs.

rjd
01-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Well that is what they told me it was at . Seem alot better then when it had the "c" cams on it .

bfisher
01-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Who is "they" and was it actually measured? Don't know what you need to do to max out a Slayer. I had a 2004 model with B Nitrous and it's pretty well kown that the B cam was the most efficient. I know it's the fastest cam system I ever shot, and one of the smoothest for a speed cam.

Shooting an IBO weight arrow out of a 27" draw and 53# the bow shot 299 fps. 27.5" shot 308 fps

rjd
01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
"They" would be Ron Harmon at Extreme Bowstrings. He is the one who built the strings for me . Is a Martin dealer so I guess I have to trust him. All that I know is we couldn't get the "C"cams down far enough . These seem to be right on. Feels as good as my righty Firecat as far as that goes. It is set up at 27.5"

Was just wondering if there was any tuning tricks for a Slayer with nitrous cams like there are for the CAT cams. It does have a nicer feel to the draw . Gotten rid of the hand shock that it had before. Still have not shot it through the chrono.

bfisher
01-06-2011, 04:41 AM
OK, fair enough. Harmon ought to know his stuff. The biggest trick to getting the most out of the Nitrous cam and get rid of handshock is with the cam timing, which sounds like that's been done. Now you just need to enjoy shooting it and maybe do a little tweaking with the aid of a chrono.

SonnyThomas
01-06-2011, 06:13 AM
I agree with bfisher. As for the tricks to get the max of the Slayer, same thing already said. Set correctly the Slayer is awesome fast and accurate.

Outstanding archery coach Terry Wunderle had one set to only 47 pounds and said it well got the job done.
Friend of mine also has a blazing fast and accurate Slayer and only set to around 55 pounds. Turned down like it I thought we chronographed it at 289 fps. with a heavier than IBO arrow, 365 or 370 grs. I could check next time he is in.

wisecane
01-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone know where a set of 14" 3H or lower, square end limbs could be had or taded for? I have a set of 4H limbs, and want lower poundages.

rjd
01-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys going to try and get this cranked all the way down just to see what the max is. Probaly won't shoot it much over 60#.

Does anyone know how is the guy that sell cats whiskers in other colors then black?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys going to try and get this cranked all the way down just to see what the max is. Probaly won't shoot it much over 60#.

Does anyone know how is the guy that sell cats whiskers in other colors then black?

Apple archery does.

Hutch