PDA

View Full Version : ShadowNos

Montalaar
01-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Hey friends. I have a question for you. I started to make the string and cables for my ShadowCat -> Nitrous conversion. Now i ask myself what to do as the Nitrous-Cam is a tad wider than the gap in the limb fork:

a) use the 14" Magnum limbs from 2006 and see what happens.

b) use the 13" limbs from 2010 and see what happens.

The 14" limbs have edges and i am not sure how to convert the bow from the ROTO cup to the traditional limb cup design. The 13" limbs are a tad too narrow. So what to do?

Spiker
01-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I am putting Nitrous B's on my Nemesis and am sanding the inside of the limb forks for the cams to fit with really thin spacers on each side. :eek:

Montalaar
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I could take the Spacers i got with my CAT cam for this purpose (around 8 ultra thin black spacers....).

Nice to hear that you will do this conversion. Let's see how you will feel with it. How do you sand down the limb forks? As you know i had several limbs break on me so i become real tentative...

alex
01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Simon, what's the "tad too narrow" in mm? I think that if it's not more then 1mm you can sand the limbforks a little as Scott has suggested. The worst that can happen is you to buy new limbs ;)

Montalaar
01-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I cannot measure that good. But it is something between 1 and 2mm. I know that it has been done as there are a few people shooting these Cams on the new bows.

Hm.

I will get my grey ShadowCat in a few weeks to my parents home to sand the limbs down. I cannot do it here. I am really hoping for a great shooting experience.

Oh. My new strings for this bow are blueblack/black/orange. Looks really good.

alex
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I think it could become an awesome shooter. You must try it. And please post some pictures! :)

Spiker
01-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Right at 1mm off each inside of the limb forks with the spacers I'm using.
Due to the fact that the NOS X will eliminate all twist and the limbs are Barnsdales with the reinforcements at the axle - I have no fear.
My only concern is what the dw is going to be.
Maybe one of the Nitrous Wizards will have some insight...
Nemesis, 135 limbs, NOS B's.

Montalaar
01-08-2011, 12:30 PM
With 1.5 -> B-Cams your DW will go up a max of 5lbs.

With 2.0 -> B-Cams your DW will go down around 5 lbs.

With 1.5 -> C-Cams your DW will go down 5lbs.

With 2.0 -> C-Cams your DW will stay the same. Approx.

Thats the Info i got from the one that converted his ShadowCat to NOS.

Spiker
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
" With 2.0 -> B-Cams your DW will go down around 5 lbs. "

Perfect !
Thanks Simon.

elkslayer4x5
01-08-2011, 02:09 PM
I will get my grey ShadowCat in a few weeks to my parents home to sand the limbs down. I cannot do it here.

You may need to sand enough clearance so that it will be correct when you apply a sealer over your sanded limb tips, would'nt want to leave them unsealed. If you need 1mm each side, remove 1.5 mm then re seal, I'd go with two coats of sealer. Just another thought. :)

Montalaar
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
What kind of sealing are you thinking of? I do not have any experience with that matter.

Montalaar
01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Whats about superglue?

I did a search at AT and there is often mentioned to seal limb splinters and so on with superglue...

Spiker
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Superglue will be too brittle in my opinion.
I'm not sure that sealing the small area that needs to be sanded is really necessary but then - that is a good point.
Think I will look into marine (boat) sealers and see what there is.
Or maybe just a good automotive clear coat.
Hey - possibly just clear finger nail polish...

Montalaar
01-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Friends, i had an awesome idea!

What about a Frankenbow with split limbs?

I had a vision of a ShadowCat with Split limbs and Nitrous Cams. What do you think about that? Do you think this limbpocket could fit? Instead of the Standard Hoyt, PSE or Mathews pocket it seem not to be aligned by a second bolt. The drilling at the shooters side seems to be empty on other pictures.

http://www.ok-archery.de/uploads/pics/wurfarmTaschenBlauRot_01.jpg?rand=681487134

elkslayer4x5
01-10-2011, 09:47 AM
What kind of sealing are you thinking of? I do not have any experience with that matter.

Almost any type of sealer will work. Even fingernail polish. Got any on hand? Sorry, could'nt help myself, the pun just wanted out. LOL. But seriously, the linbs do have a sealer coating on them, sanding the inside of the limb tip will expose the limb material, and any sealer from fingernail polish to spar varnish will re seal your modification. :)

Spiker
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I always have lots of high gloss clear fingernail polish on hand.

I works great for sealing up new nuts and bolts on black and chrome hot rod motors and custom choppers so they stay shiny...

copterdoc
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I always have lots of high gloss clear fingernail polish on hand....
I probably would have kept that secret......:D

madlaz
01-11-2011, 03:55 AM
will clear finger nail polish work on bolt heads to keep them from rusting like for instance on sights

Spiker
01-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Yes it will.

elkslayer4x5
01-11-2011, 07:04 AM
will clear finger nail polish work on bolt heads to keep them from rusting like for instance on sights

Avoid the High gloss! Lol. I swaped all the screws in my sight out with stainless, and to avoid that shine, I heated the allen head until it turned a blueish color, barely noticeble, and they don't turn red over night like the OE screws did. :eek: Kinda moist here in the Pacific Northest. I live 4 miles from the coast, so I either have fog, or marine layer when it's not outright raining, so for me heat coloring the stainless was the way to go, now I just put a drop or two of oil on the tip of every screw once a year, just to cover all bases. :cool:

Montalaar
01-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Friends, i had an awesome idea!

What about a Frankenbow with split limbs?

I had a vision of a ShadowCat with Split limbs and Nitrous Cams. What do you think about that? Do you think this limbpocket could fit? Instead of the Standard Hoyt, PSE or Mathews pocket it seem not to be aligned by a second bolt. The drilling at the shooters side seems to be empty on other pictures.

http://www.ok-archery.de/uploads/pics/wurfarmTaschenBlauRot_01.jpg?rand=681487134

I just had to quote my own post as you did not respond.
I got the measurements of the OK limb pocket. I need to figure if i can work with this next weekend. Would be an awesome bow...

Spiker
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry - the thought of quad limb bows puts me in shock for awhile...

Montalaar
01-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Reason is that i want different limbs for my bow. I searched through the interweb and came to the conclusion that i'll have to use either some limbs from other companies that get the from Barnsdale anyways or change to Quad limbs.

copterdoc
01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Martin used to make a split Elite limb.

If you can find a set of those limbs and pockets, I am certain they would work. Unless you have a Roto-cup riser.

You would need a pre 2008 riser.

wisecane
01-12-2011, 06:11 AM

If you can find a set of those limbs and pockets, I am certain they would work. Unless you have a Roto-cup riser.

Like say an older Slayer riser....hmmmmmm

Montalaar
01-12-2011, 06:24 AM

As this thread is about my 2010 ShadowCat to Nitrous conversion... ;)

copterdoc
01-12-2011, 06:30 AM
As this thread is about my 2010 ShadowCat to Nitrous conversion... ;)

Yeah, it's pretty much moot.

You can put NOS cams in any limb that would take the C.A.T. cams, but the Nitro cams are too narrow.

Most people don't realize how difficult it is/was to make a solid limb pocket for split limbs. I just don't see it being feasible with Martin's Roto-cup design.

Montalaar
01-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Right. And that is why i did a search and came up with the NBA and OK limb pockets for split limbs. Yesterday i got a message about the exact measurements form the OK one so i can see if it will work.

If not.... I will find someone to machine me one of my own design.

Montalaar
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Okay, i have two news for you.

(1) i made the limbs today and got them fitting for the Nitrous Cams. Just without spacers. I had to remove around 2mm on each side just to get the cam inside. I do not want to remove any more. Now i need to find spacers to put on the sides of the axle. I have around 0.5" of axle without any spacer on it yet.

(2) i measured the riser where the limb attaches to. I may need to build a custom steel bolt to fit the OK pocket into - but as far as i know i could make the Beiter pocket fit to the ShadowCat riser. Well, i might have to remove some aluminium from the upper riser area.. but... Should be no problem. Now i need to find out if the NBA pocket is a little bit wider. It has the same design as the OK pocket. If it is 1/4" wider at the base i could make it fit without additional work.

alex
01-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Simon, if you can't find better, you can cut spacers out of a plastic bottle - the material is thin and tough enough for this job i think. Every good machinist could make you the needed bolts, just take the parts with you to try the ready bolts - in case they need some extra work. I'd like to know how is your project developing, so keep up with your posts.

Spiker
01-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Okay, i have two news for you.

(1) i made the limbs today and got them fitting for the Nitrous Cams. Just without spacers. I had to remove around 2mm on each side just to get the cam inside. I do not want to remove any more. Now i need to find spacers to put on the sides of the axle. I have around 0.5" of axle without any spacer on it yet.

(2) i measured the riser where the limb attaches to. I may need to build a custom steel bolt to fit the OK pocket into - but as far as i know i could make the Beiter pocket fit to the ShadowCat riser. Well, i might have to remove some aluminium from the upper riser area.. but... Should be no problem. Now i need to find out if the NBA pocket is a little bit wider. It has the same design as the OK pocket. If it is 1/4" wider at the base i could make it fit without additional work.

Do you mean with the cams in and the string anchors on the outside of the limbs - you still have 0.5" of axle left?
As in - your axles are 1/2" too long?
Also, I dont think I would run it with no spacers between the cam and limb.
Or did you mean you have 0.05" or 0.005" of space to put spacers?
With putting the NOS cams in the new style limbs - I couldn't find axles the correct length (needed 2.25") so I took a set of the long axles and cut them down then machined a new groove in that end for the C-clip.

Montalaar
01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Do you mean with the cams in and the string anchors on the outside of the limbs - you still have 0.5" of axle left?
As in - your axles are 1/2" too long?
Also, I dont think I would run it with no spacers between the cam and limb.
Or did you mean you have 0.05" or 0.005" of space to put spacers?
With putting the NOS cams in the new style limbs - I couldn't find axles the correct length (needed 2.25") so I took a set of the long axles and cut them down then machined a new groove in that end for the C-clip.

Yes, that is right. And that is with the short Axles. I have two sets of Axles that are even 1/2" longer...

I have around 1mm (hm, should be 1/50 ") room between the Cam and the limb fork. On both sides together. But i do not want to remove more from the limb. And i already removed some material from the cam, too. This is why i am looking for a way to frankenize this bow even more.

And regarding this i have good news. A german archer who is quite active at AT has a spare set of NBA pockets. They are quite similar to the OK ones so i can try them out and see if i can make them fit to the Riser. If the fit i will order me a set of pockets and try to find limbs. The split limbs form ok are slim and have a gap large enough to accept the Nitrous Cam.

Spiker
01-16-2011, 08:39 AM
That will be quite the cat if you get it to work!;)

Montalaar
02-14-2011, 03:20 AM
I built it with Martin limbs.

Looks sure nice but i had to take away 1/3 of each side of the limb fork. I do not like that. I would need to finetune it a bit more as the cam timing is off but i am not sure if i ever will shoot that.

Furthermore i checked out some more split pockets. My latest idea is to try the Hoyt pockets. The have a slight different mounting system as they are fixed to the riser by a bolt in the rear section.. But.. Hey... Who cares about that. With enough pressure there should be no problem...

alex
02-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Good luck, Simon and give us some pics!

Montalaar
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Good luck, Simon and give us some pics!

I will. Need to work out some 'bugs'.

Update:

I just ordered new Hoyt limb pockets. They will accept the XTS Pro Arc limbs for beyond parallel bows. :)

alex
02-17-2011, 02:31 AM
It'll be an impressive bow i believe.

Montalaar
05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Just for the record:

I still did not receive any new pocket nor limbs so i tinkered with my Martin limbs. Made new cables and brought the monster to specs.

At 41.7" ATA the ShadowNOS makes around 33" draw with the C-Cam. The limbs are far from bottomed out and i got 61 lbs while measuring yesterday.

The same limbs would produce a draw weight of 58lbs with the CAT2-Cams.

I will time the Cams today and maybe i will change the ATA to 42". Less draw weight and so on.. To bad that i had to cut the limbs out. I still do not fully trust this construction...

elkslayer4x5
05-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Certainally got the draw length you wanted, and are well inside of your draw weight parameters. Got any photos yet? Would love to see your "Frankencat". :cool:

alex
05-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Don't worry too much about the limbs, Simon. I don't think that taking some material off this place should cause any trouble.

Spiker
05-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Is it a shoot-thru?

Montalaar
05-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Yes it is.

I will replace the center serving on my ShadowCat in a few minutes and may take a few pictures for you.

Just as a side note:
I got the 70m while shooting a few minutes ago. Center of the target, good feeling. Now i want to replace the center serving to get it finetuned. YES. Everything is on a great way. ;)

Spiker
05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Yes it is.

I will replace the center serving on my ShadowCat in a few minutes and may take a few pictures for you.

Just as a side note:
I got the 70m while shooting a few minutes ago. Center of the target, good feeling. Now i want to replace the center serving to get it finetuned. YES. Everything is on a great way. ;)

Good to hear Simon.!!! ;)

Montalaar
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
I were already in my bed but remembered that i had to post some images here....

Sorry for the bad quality. I just took them with my cell phone.

Spiker
05-03-2011, 01:44 PM
That is C O O L !!!!
Whats the brace height?

Well - after you get some rest...

alex
05-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Looks great! And the pictures are great too ;)

elkslayer4x5
05-04-2011, 04:25 AM
And does it shoot as good as it looks?..:)

Don
05-07-2011, 05:18 AM
I have a question,
What was the reason for this swap? It does looks awsome what you did. I have two Shadowcats and a Couger lll with the Nitro "B" cams, and I think Martin should still offer the Nitro cams. Was the swap so you could get the shoot through system, faster bow?
I also was wondering if it would speed the bow up. Sorry if I am sounding like a jerk, not trying to be.
I am shooting my Shadowcat at 57 pounds @ 28"dl and have tweeked my 1.5 cams to get my bow shooting 194 fps. Thats with a 321.2 grain arrow.
Thanks for any info and insight.
Don.

Spiker
05-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Did you mean 294.?

Destroyer
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
You would hope so.

Montalaar
05-09-2011, 10:39 PM
That is C O O L !!!!
Whats the brace height?

Well - after you get some rest...

Should be somewhat around 8". Not that different from the BH of the ShadowCat with CAT-Cams.

@Don
The reason is, i still believe that the Nitrous-Cams are as effective as the CAT-Cams. Maybe less speed (but i am not sure at all..) but also less torque, less stress on the limb and the whole riser.

I still cannot measure speeds and i have not shoot the bow yet as i need to tune it before that. I want to build some different spacers also, i do not like the solution i used now. It just worked better than the one i tried before - but it is far from good.

Don
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Did you mean 294.?

Yes that is what I ment..LOL
Don.

Don
06-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Any updates on this?
I would love to see the finished bow and all the specs.
Don.

Montalaar
06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
No, not yet. I need to work at this point of time and have no time for archery at all... Maybe i will have some time in july or september...

Don
07-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Simon,
How did you figure out the cable and string lengths?
I am going to do this build using the NOS X "B" cams.
Any help would be great.
Don.

b0w_bender
07-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I was wondering why not take one of the old style set of limbs and sand the outside off at the base enough to fit inside the current standard Martin Limb pockets. I understand that they are an inch longer but that could be minimized with limb angle I would guess?

I suppose you would get a slightly bigger brace height with a longer ATA but if you didn't like it you could just swap everything back again. I always liked my X system wish they offered that still.

Montalaar
07-14-2011, 08:39 PM
The old style limbs are longer which leads to a higher brace height. This also leads to a higher draw lengths (+1").

Furthermore are the older limbs way thinner and would need more pressure to produce the same draw weight which would lead to a past parallel bow.

Montalaar
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Soooo....

Today i finished this project. WIll post pictures tomorrow or friday. Made new cables, the AtA is now 43", max weight decreased from 80 lbs to 50 lbs. BH is 7.25" (+1.75 for ibo). The cams have nearly no letoff and i plan to finger shoot it. So, we will see how it will perform. ... Need an arrow rest and a button first...

Don
07-21-2011, 06:23 AM
I can't wait to see the final results and hear how it shoots.
Don.

Montalaar
07-21-2011, 10:27 AM
No pictures yet, but it shotts .. interesting. The ShadowCat is a great bow for finger shooting for sure. :)

Arrow Splitter
07-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Trying to keep us in suspense, huh? Just kidding. I would imagine that it shoots really well.:cool:

Montalaar
07-25-2011, 07:38 AM
I promised Spiker to post pics today but my card reader is still broken and so i cannot.

But i can say something about the bow and how i like it. Well.. It is interesting and not as it was with the older limbs. I'd say this bow shoots good and is a nice setup but the CAT-Cam works better with the newer limbs. At least with this more modern limb angle. With the older thin limbs the limb pocket was often steeper on so was the limb angle. When drawing the bow back the limbs moved towards each other a lot, this is not the case with this parallel setup and i must say that you can feel it. The NOS-Cams with 65% Letoff have no valley or at least none. You have considerable less letoff than you have with the CAT-Cam and not that hard wall.

I shot the bow with fingers and as a bare bow in the shoot through setup and liked it alot. It is quieter than with the CAT cams and produces no handshock, the cams work still great and so far i like it. It is just way different than it is with the newer cams. More 'spongy' if you understand that..

dgmeadows
07-26-2011, 10:35 AM
I am just getting back on the forum here after the crash... used to be an active member, but spend more time on ArcheryTalk

I believe I may have corresponded with one or more of you guys about my ShadowCat NitrousX conversion last year. I changed mine over about a year ago, and have really enjoyed it. My conversion was far simpler than those described on this thread.

I had the "red-line" limbs at first - sanded them down in the forks to fit the cams with thin nylon washers with no problems. I did get a splinter later, but that was on the outside of the limb, nowhere near wear the sanding occurred. I got some of the new Power Tough limbs December and did the sander job on them too. I have shot the bow for 3D all year, won a couple of events and placed in the top 3 many times. It holds very nicely and shoots as accurately as I am capable of. I make my own strings, and the first set I made are still on the bow.

I know the next request will be for pics, so I will see what I can do about that in the next day or two.

My next project is an Alien Z to NitrousX conversion... until Martin/Rytera starts making another shoot through system, I will continue to convert them to Nitrous X !

alex
07-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, i'm waiting for the pictures from you both :)

dgmeadows
07-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Too many kids in the house last night to get pics done. I have been looking through this thread and am surprised at the degree of difficulty others seem to have had with this conversion.

I had 1.5 cams and converted to Nitrous B cams with X mods. I did not get out the micrometer to measure, but basically I sanded just enough from inside the limb forks (both sides evenly, of course) to get the cams inside. With the nylon washers, it is still a tight fit, but the washers provide the friction relief necessary to allow the cams to spin without binding up. In other words, I did not take off so much from the forksthat you could put the cams in there with no washers and move them side to side (as on the older, pre-roto cup limbs). It was a tedious job getting the washers in there and lined up so I could get the axle through, but I have done it 3 times now, so it is not that hard.

My ShadowCat was a 60# max with 1.5 cams, and is about the same with Nitrous B cams. I am shooting it at ~54#, 27.5" draw length and getting ~283 fps with a ~316 grain arrow, so speed is as good or better than with the 1.5 cams.

I shoot it virtually every day for practice, and have shot at least 3 tournaments a month with it since putting the Power Tough limbs on in Dec/January, so the limbs have survived both cold below freezing and heat above 100 (I live in Georgia)

I like this bow a lot. The only reason I am trying the Alien Z conversion is to get a little lighter mass weight and slightly shorter ATA. I am 5'9" and ~165#, so not a really tall guy, and generally prefer an ATA in the 38" range (the first 2009 1/2 ShadowCat would've been great, but I got the later version) The 36" Alien Z is the next best thing. I have a 2007 Pantera with Nitrous C cams as one of my hunting bows - it is 36" ATA, so figuring out my strings and cables on the Z will be simple. The Z is MUCH lighter than the Pantera, so I will have lots of opportunity to use stabilizers to get the balance where I want it.

Who knows, if the Z turns out great, maybeI will sell my NitrousX ShadowCat ;)

dgmeadows
07-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Here are the pics... it does exist, and it does shoot quite nicely... looks like I got a little dirt on the serving of my upper cam. Probably mud - last shoot the range was real muddy from the prior night.

Any questions, feel free to ask... I am quite proud of this one.

I also have a 1999 Fury converted to C NitrousX cams with 14" limbs, and a 1999 Rage with Twin Limbs converted to NitrousX...

Oh yeah, my daughter shoots a circa 2002 Tiger with NitrousX A cams... about 36#, 22" and 218 fps (ASA max is 220) I don't recall her arrow weight, but it is not light - she shoots Fatboy 500s with 80 grain tips, probably in the 250 grain range.

Yes, I will put NitrousX cams on anything... (well, anything Martin... haven't tried cross breeding... yet.)

dgmeadows
07-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I deliver pics and get no comments.... how rare is that ??

Arrow Splitter
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM
I deliver pics and get no comments.... how rare is that ??LOL Nice bow. There's your first comment.:D;)
We don't have as many members as some other forums.;)

Destroyer
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I like it, thought it wouldn't look as good as it does. Did you have any problems with draw length?

I deliver pics and get no comments.... how rare is that ??

I dont post much here so.............. :p

gravedigger
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I dont post much here so.............. :p

ya and the sky is green,the ocen is yellow and my name slim jim and i can spell really well..lol

coment coment coment...nice looking bow

dgmeadows
07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Nope, no draw length problems. I have tinkered with Nitrous cams enough to have a pretty good idea which ones would work best. To figure out the string and cables, I just take the target ATA, and figure the relative string lengths in comparision to other Nitrous cam bows. The Cougar line is generally a good baseline, as it was offered with Elite 17" recurve limbs, 14" magnum limbs, as well as the "SE" 14" limbs with more parallel oriented pockets.

Don
08-09-2011, 01:44 PM
That thing looks sweet. How do you think it would work for shooting it non-sights and fingers?
I have 2 Shadowcats and a Cougar lll with the Nitros X cams on it.
Don.

dgmeadows
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM
That thing looks sweet. How do you think it would work for shooting it non-sights and fingers?
I have 2 Shadowcats and a Cougar lll with the Nitros X cams on it.
Don.

Don -

I believe I sent you the 1.5 cams I took off my ShadowCat.

I have no clue how it would work for non-sights and fingers. You would certainly need the widest axles possible to use finger release with the shoot through cables. I honestly don't see any good reason to use a shoot through system with fingers, though. The key benefit for the shoot through system is total symmetry and balance. With finger release, you will be imparting the typical side torque on the arrow at the release, thereby negating the shoot through benefits.

As for no sights, the shoot through cables might provide a frame of reference and reduce side to side errors.

Really, fingers and no sights is just not my thing. I have a recurve, but I am by no means highly proficient in that style of shooting.

But hey, give it a try and let us know how it works.

Destroyer
08-10-2011, 01:14 AM
How do you think it would work for shooting it non-sights and fingers?

Don't know how it would go, you would need an amazingly smooth release.

But hey, give it a try and let us know how it works.

Would be very interesting. ;)

Don
08-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Don -

I believe I sent you the 1.5 cams I took off my ShadowCat.

Darren, was that you I met in Vegas? They are working awsome, thanks again.
I think I will swap my Cougar over to the shoot through cables and see how it works out with fingers. If it works ok then I will swap one of my Shadowcats over. Whats the worst that can happen? If it don't work I can always put the 1.5 cams back on with some spacers.
Don.

dgmeadows
08-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Darren, was that you I met in Vegas? They are working awsome, thanks again.
I think I will swap my Cougar over to the shoot through cables and see how it works out with fingers. If it works ok then I will swap one of my Shadowcats over. Whats the worst that can happen? If it don't work I can always put the 1.5 cams back on with some spacers.
Don.

Nah, I haven't ever made the trip to Vegas. Through ArcheryTalk I sold someone named Don in Southern California my 1.5 cams I removed from my ShadowCat.... seems like he had a car door accident with his. I assumed that was you due to the name and location being the same. AT username was ZestyCJ7 or soemthing like that.

Good luck with it... get the widest axles for that finger release.

I am working on strings for my Alien Z conversion to Nitrous right now. Hope to have that one done in a week or so (when 3D season ends). I will shoot the ShadowCat and Z a bit during hunting season to compare and decide which one will be my primary 3D rig for next year.

Don
08-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Nah, I haven't ever made the trip to Vegas. Through ArcheryTalk I sold someone named Don in Southern California my 1.5 cams I removed from my ShadowCat.... seems like he had a car door accident with his. I assumed that was you due to the name and location being the same. AT username was ZestyCJ7 or soemthing like that.

Good luck with it... get the widest axles for that finger release.

I am working on strings for my Alien Z conversion to Nitrous right now. Hope to have that one done in a week or so (when 3D season ends). I will shoot the ShadowCat and Z a bit during hunting season to compare and decide which one will be my primary 3D rig for next year.

Ok, that was me that you sold them to. I bought a set from a guy I met at Vegas and those got squashed in my car.
On AT my user name is Zestycj7.
Don.

dgmeadows
12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Well I have been shooting my Alien Z Nitrous X for a couple months now, and am really liking it equally if not better than my ShadowCat NitrousX, so I am thinking about selling the ShadowCat pictured earlier in this thread.

I am not listing it on ArcheryTalk right away. Not in a big hurry to sell, just making it available in a few places where I know people might appreciate it.

Shoot me a PM if you might be interested.