PDA

View Full Version : Rest mounts

Unregistered
01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Just received a new Onza 3 through an ebay purchase. I noticed the holes for the rest mount are smooth and not threaded, unless they are covered by the camo dip. Is this normal? Are the holes self tapping with the rest screw?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Doesn't sound normal to me, not quite sure about camo dip on the threads. But as far as I know the threads should be there.

Hutch

Ehunter
01-08-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm with Hutch on this one. The camo dip is thin enough, even if it was down in the threads, they should still be visible. I'd take it to an archery shop, and let them take a look at it.

bfisher
01-08-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm with Hutch on this one. The camo dip is thin enough, even if it was down in the threads, they should still be visible. I'd take it to an archery shop, and let them take a look at it.

That's what I'd do, too. And if the holes are not threaded then any good shop should have taps to thread them. It's not hard nor does it take a lot of time. FYI when I get a new bow I always run taps through all the holes just to clean out any film dip or paint that might have gotten in the threads. It's just another part of the initial setup procedure.