PDA

View Full Version : twin cam bengal?

kbaird83
01-12-2011, 07:47 AM
can i put a twin cam system on my 09 bengal? will i need different limbs? if i can what cam system would be best? i love the way it shoots but would like a little more speed. its a 45-60 maxed at 63 w/ a 29 1/2" draw lenght. all i have on the string is 2 string jacks, a d-loop, and a G5 meta peep. shooting 8.4gpi beeman ics hunters w/ 2" boehing blazers. thanks

bfisher
01-12-2011, 08:04 AM
You could probably put Fury or Nitrous cams on those limbs, if you can find them. You cannot put the Cat cams or newer binary cams on those limbs. You'd need reinforced limbs tips such as those used on the newer bows with these cams. And that deer sir, means a lot of money ($200+ just for the limbs). So if you want faster cams your best bet is to sell your bow and get one with the Cat cams.

Rangerj
01-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Bfisher I sent you a pm let me know if you get it.I have been having problems getting pms to work.Thanks

kbaird83
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM
that stinks haha sure dont have the money for a new bow. didnt really want to change the bow because i really like it. just was hoping to make it faster. is there anything i can do with my setup to increase it? if i could hit 300fps i would be happy. about as light on my arrow weight as i wish to go. 8.4 gpi beeman ics hunter, 31", 3 2" blazers, and 100gr rages.

elkslayer4x5
01-12-2011, 01:16 PM
that stinks haha sure dont have the money for a new bow. didnt really want to change the bow because i really like it. just was hoping to make it faster. is there anything i can do with my setup to increase it? if i could hit 300fps i would be happy. about as light on my arrow weight as i wish to go. 8.4 gpi beeman ics hunter, 31", 3 2" blazers, and 100gr rages.

Seems like your bow is already pretty quick, and powerfull. When I run your numbers thru this speed caculator, it's pretty impressive at 280fps and 69 KE. :)
http://www.backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/tools.php

Arrow Splitter
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM

I agree with elkslayer. I don't think you can do anymore than what you've already done to get your bow faster.