PDA

View Full Version : Screws to secure Mods to Cams

Irish Sitka
01-13-2011, 01:19 AM
HI,
I am looking for the size of screws and their description.
The screws that secure the mods to cams on a Cheetah '09.
Thank You.

ElkSlayer
01-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Cap screws or flat head allen screws , not sure of the exact size(4-40 or 6-32) that differs on bow's as the head dose. just depends on what that hole looks like. be sure new one is proper length...good luck

elkslayer4x5
01-15-2011, 06:54 AM
They are Flat head allen head screws, 8/32 x 1/2". At least that's what mine are, except that I have the X module on my cam so mine are 8/32 X 5/8". Could'nt remember the name of the screw head until I was talking to Elkslayer last night. :o

bfisher
01-15-2011, 10:21 AM
They are Flat head allen head screws, 8/32 x 1/2". At least that's what mine are, except that I have the X module on my cam so mine are 8/32 X 5/8". Could'nt remember the name of the screw head until I was talking to Elkslayer last night. :o

Glad you posted this. I was afraid I was going to have to take one out of a mod and measure it.

For anybody in need of screws, any good archery shop should have repair kits that have all kinds of different screws. Different heads and different lengths. If they don't then PM me and I'll see what I have in my boxes. Mine are from Golden Eagle, but brand doesn't matter; just the size.

ElkSlayer
01-15-2011, 03:19 PM
most hardware stores should have a good selection of fastners to choose from even stainless...and that you can change color of with a little heat. makes it a nice bronze color..unless you get it to hot then you get blue/purple...darn it;)
While speakin about screws, if you use loctite use the Blue on your bow if you have run it to one some guy used Red on:eek: A little heat will also help you out here...Dont go and take a torch to your bow.. apply the heat via a heat sink. wood bunner / solder gun. etc ..:rolleyes: machinist by trade. I know lots of tricks