PDA

View Full Version : Rytera Archery

bfisher
01-19-2011, 08:02 AM
2011 Rytera website is up and running

bfisher
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a Nemsis this year and ordering soon. The website shows that I can order it with a CCS or conventional cable guard/slide. Which way would you guys go, given the choice?

I know the CCS on my Z pulled the cables much farther to the side than necessary so I shimmed it to angle toward the string more. Just wondering how the rod/slide would be configured. Also wondering why they don't have the TRG/SOS. Hmmmm! Maybe it's time to make another call to Martin and find out.

Arrow Splitter
01-19-2011, 10:05 AM
2011 Rytera website is up and running

Nice! I'll have to look at it after I shovel the snow off the porch.

MLN1963
01-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Also wondering why they don't have the TRG/SOS. Hmmmm! Maybe it's time to make another call to Martin and find out.

Enquiring minds want to know! :D

Montalaar
01-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Take the slide. Just better in terms of tunability.

TRG/SOS has a smaller rod as has been found out by someone here. I think it wont fit in the larger holes made for the Rod/CCS. Maybe there have been so many risers left from 2010 that they could not change that for 2011.

SonnyThomas
01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm a sort of conventional sort of guy as long as the guide rod is offset so it can be adjusted.

As for the TRG, I don't know. On the Martins the hole is not centered to the riser. It's off to the side to the point the hole is open to full depth. And the test of time begins.

Spiker
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I think that is a mistake on the website store.
There is no way to mount a CCS on the Nemesis unless they came up with a whole new setup.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Take the slide/rod!

Hutch

bfisher
01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
OK, rod/slide it is. The rod is not offset as far as I know. It's the straight carbon rod, but it wouldn't be much of a problem to order it with the offset rod. That would definitely allow for more adjustment on my part in getting just enough fletching clearance and eliminating as much side torque as possible.

Now for the color. I'm going to just go ahead and order a black riser and carbon limbs. This will give me more options for string color. I am seriously thinking of the pink and purple. Not only would it be different, but it would be me not being a hypocrite. I do keep suggesting it to others you know. There's one thing about strings. They can always be changed.

Montalaar
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
I would make myself pink/pruple strings. But i would have to spend around 100 for material and that is not worth it. :P

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I have BCY materials but haven't expanded to all the colors yet (pink/purple):rolleyes:. I just went out today to price all the materials I need to make my new string jig. Hopefully I will have that done soon. Than work on the set up in the shop and maybe place an order for string material.

But Barry if it is pink and purple its pink and purple. We won't hold it against you.;)

Hutch

Arrow Splitter
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
The looks of the new Seeker are going to definitely take some getting used to, but I like the features on it.
I'd guess that it's going to be Martin's highest priced bow(other that the Shadowcat).

alex
01-21-2011, 12:38 AM
I've seen a YouTube video of the Seeker and am not impressed by its performance - it was loud and looked like with a lot of handshock. May be it's just because of the shooter, by i've expected more from this bow.

Brem
01-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Did you notice that it has a new Cam as well, the Pulse Pro? I wonder what difference it is from the Hybrix and if the Hybrix will be replaced on the other three models for 2011?

whman
01-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi bfisher,
I did a search on the Rytera Catalog for 2011 and couldn't find it, Mr. Fisher. I'm going to be purchasing a new bow (again, soon) and would like to look their new line over. Would you be able to provide the link?
Thanks much in advance!

Arrow Splitter
01-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi bfisher,
I did a search on the Rytera Catalog for 2011 and couldn't find it, Mr. Fisher. I'm going to be purchasing a new bow (again, soon) and would like to look their new line over. Would you be able to provide the link?
Thanks much in advance!

Well, I'm not bfisher, but here's the link: http://www.rytera.com/2011/index.html

bfisher
01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks for that Brad. I don't know why it's hard to look them over. It's right there on the website. Oh well.

On answer to a few questions. The Alien bows will have the Hybrix cams again this year as standard equipment. I would imagine the Pulse Pro cam could be ordered on them, but if anybody has this idea it would be best to contact Joel and see what all the options are such as draw length and such.

I noticed something else on the website and need to verify it, but it won't change my order. The descriptions of the Rytera bows say they come with 5 layer laminated limbs which I would assume are Barnesdale. I'm going to bet this has been changed since the website was designed. Bet they have the solid limbs.

Alex, I haven't seen a Seeker, but it's possible the bow was noisy and had vibration because the cams weren't timed properly.

Brem, it's just an educated guess but the Pulse Pro seems to be more oval shaped so depending on how the module is configured I'm thinking it will be smoother drawing.

whman, please don't call me Mr. Fisher. My first name is Barry and that's what everybody here calls me. Of course, off-line they may call me some other names, but hey, we're all internet friends.

Brem
01-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Barry,
Thats a good observation not to say that the Hybrix is not smooth(definately smoother than the CAT Cam) I have had Cam problems unfortunately having had the top cam crack through in the spoke twice now. My AX is back in Walla Wall land again and have no idea on when it shall return(dealer sent it in on 1/12 so 9 days and counting) Maybe it will come home with this new cam?

whman
01-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you Barry and Arrowsplitter. I appreciate the link and will look the Rytera line over before making any purchase. My only real concern with the Martin line (and Rytera) are the many broken limbs over the last year or so. Guess it doesn't need to be said that "no limb, no bow", and none of us like having to send equipment back for repairs. Would either of you know whether the Rytera's have a better limb track record?
Again, thanks for your knowledgeable help.

Arrow Splitter
01-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I myself have not heard of many issues with Rytera. Also, the 2010 limbs are solid, and there hasn't been many problems with them either.
I hope this helps.

bfisher
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
OK, this just in!!!!!!!!!! Rytera bows for 2011 will have Martin limbs. You'll be able to verify this by looking at the defletion number near the limb bolt. They should be marked with a number and two letters; something like 3HL. If you get one with 3 numbers such as 135, 155 or so they'll be Barnesdales. In other words, the web page is not correct.

whman, I haven't heard about many limb problems on the 2011 bows, but then there aren't too many around being shot yet. Most of the past problems were with 2009 limbs. Hopefully these new ones will hold up longer, but keep an eye out over on AT to see if there gets to be complaints about them.

If you join the Alien Mafia there gets to be some information passed down from JRH60. He says that the new limbs are holding their own so far.

archerx7
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
OK, this just in!!!!!!!!!! Rytera bows for 2011 will have Martin limbs. You'll be able to verify this by looking at the defletion number near the limb bolt. They should be marked with a number and two letters; something like 3HL. If you get one with 3 numbers such as 135, 155 or so they'll be Barnesdales. In other words, the web page is not correct.

whman, I haven't heard about many limb problems on the 2011 bows, but then there aren't too many around being shot yet. Most of the past problems were with 2009 limbs. Hopefully these new ones will hold up longer, but keep an eye out over on AT to see if there gets to be complaints about them.

If you join the Alien Mafia there gets to be some information passed down from JRH60. He says that the new limbs are holding their own so far.

That would be me, different user name on this site. JWT is the guy that got the approval from Terry Martin to start that little social group, which is now the largest social group on AT. We both worked part time at the same shop for a number of years before they retired and closed up. Then when I opened my shop, he came in and helped out in his spare time. There is a lot of good information posted in that group, but you have to contact JWT via pm on AT in order to get in, as it is a closed door group.
Jim

bfisher
01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
So now I know who you are. Glad you're here, Jim. Remember we went back and forth about the registration problem? Well, it seems they opened it up again, except that they site hasn't been upgraded, modified, or whatever you want to call it. Have you noticed the spam we're been getting lately? This is why registration was closed. You can also see the frustration some are having with Martin's reluctance to get this taken care of.

Barry

archerx7
01-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Barry, I have noticed the amount of spam here and did report a couple, I also saw today over on AT, a thread started about the spam on that site also, never really noticed it much there, but the traffic is so heavy there that threads go to the next page in minutes and they have a lot more mods over there to patrol that site.
Hopefully Terry will see fit to do an upgrade here soon to get rid of some of the problems. Very nice informative site even with the spam.

alex
01-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Alex, I haven't seen a Seeker, but it's possible the bow was noisy and had vibration because the cams weren't timed properly.

It's possible, Barry. The video was from the ATA show and if they have changed the specs for the different visitors... :)

Montalaar
01-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Barry, I have noticed the amount of spam here and did report a couple, I also saw today over on AT, a thread started about the spam on that site also, never really noticed it much there, but the traffic is so heavy there that threads go to the next page in minutes and they have a lot more mods over there to patrol that site.
Hopefully Terry will see fit to do an upgrade here soon to get rid of some of the problems. Very nice informative site even with the spam.

Spam at AT is removed within minutes or prohibited by Spam keyword protection. A future that is not compatible with this boards version.

martin hunter
01-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Archerx 7, I bought an Nemesis last year form a dealer on AT, I am also a member of the Alien Mafia. I looked at Rytera site and cannot find the % let off it has. I love this bow, took four deer this year with it, as well as shooting 3-d with it. I shot one before I bought it and never thought about the let off, it just shot so smooth that I had to have one Regardless of what it is I will not sell it. LOVE this bow, I have shot Martin bows for over 30 years now and don't se any reason to change now, great bows.

Spiker
01-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Let off is 80% if the draw stop is set so that at full draw the cables bottom out in the modules. You can make the let off and draw length whatever you want by adjusting the draw stop/modules.

archerx7
01-22-2011, 08:36 AM
MartinHunter, what part of Ohio are you from ? I'm in Tuscarawas Co. small world here.

martin hunter
01-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the reply Spiker

I'm in Richland county, Mansfield.