PDA

View Full Version : rattling martin lynx

ransom
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
i have a martin lynx (compound with wooden limbs)..I love this bow and am leary on causing un-necessary damage. it seems like it rattles as I release. It's generly not a noisy bow, so im a little concerned.
Any ideas would be helpful.

Ehunter
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Ransom. You might try holding the bow firmly in one hand, and bumping up and down each limb with the other. Hit the side of the limb, not the flat. See if you can recreate the noise. That should give you a good idea of where it's coming from. Pretty easy to tell if it's in the rest, or cams that way. Then just check everything for fit in the noisy area.

Rangerj
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Ransom. You might try holding the bow firmly in one hand, and bumping up and down each limb with the other. Hit the side of the limb, not the flat. See if you can recreate the noise. That should give you a good idea of where it's coming from. Pretty easy to tell if it's in the rest, or cams that way. Then just check everything for fit in the noisy area.

Plus, Check to make sure all the screws are tight.

elkslayer4x5
01-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Probably just a loose screw somewhere, do as Ehunter suggested to locate the rattle, and then tighten the little bugger. How long have you been shooting that bow, if I may ask ? :)

Arrow Splitter
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
I agree with all these guys. Now let's hope it's an easy noise to find.:rolleyes: