PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Shooting with the NAP Apache Arrow Rest

Rottzilla
01-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Anyone Shooting with the NAP Apache Arrow Rest?

I am in the market to buy a new rest. It is in my price range.

I have been looking on-line and heard some reviews but reviews are of new products and in most cases have not been put through the paces. I would like to know if you have been using it for like a year or more. If it has held up in the real world through time and punishment.

Thanks in advance

whman
01-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Hey Rottzilla,
I don't think that the NAP Apache has been around for a year yet, so getting a report from someone using it that long might not happen. Everyone that I know who have used one, though, seems to be very happy with it.

SonnyThomas
01-25-2011, 05:40 AM
I have one. So far so good. It has a tad bit of weight over my Limb Driver. I didn't get it for hunting and the containment cage came off so that took a bit of weight off it.

Several good reports on it in AT. So far I haven't read of it not being liked.

At the moment I'm waiting on the new version Apache - micro adjustable. May be a little more money, but probably worth it to me.

elkslayer4x5
01-25-2011, 08:30 AM
I have one. So far so good.

At the moment I'm waiting on the new version Apache - micro adjustable. May be a little more money, but probably worth it to me.

As the years go by, I find I need more Micro adjustable parts, don't see as well as I once did, and tend to over correct, thus the need for the micro adjustments. So they are worth a little more to me. :)

daveinohio
01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I am using one on my pantera. I have only had it a couple of weeks but it did perform perfectly last weekend in -13F and on 2 other occaisions in single-digit temps.

Ehunter
01-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I've had one on my '08 Moab for 6-7 months now. Can't say a bad thing about it. Works as well as my Trophy Taker rests, and only costs half as much. I've had it in the rain, and no problems. Haven't had it in the snow yet. Seems like a good reliable rest.

cplgibson
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
had mine on my 09 Chetah for 6-7 months works fine. couple hundred arrows a week for July, Aug, Sept. less in oct and november, had hunting 15 or 20 days in october and november some rain, couple days below freezing shot two freezer does no issues. would by again no second thoughts

gib

Rottzilla
01-26-2011, 07:59 PM
I have one. So far so good. It has a tad bit of weight over my Limb Driver. I didn't get it for hunting and the containment cage came off so that took a bit of weight off it.

Several good reports on it in AT. So far I haven't read of it not being liked.

OH SONNY

Have ya seen this???

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/archery-products-apache-micro-drop-away-arrow-rest-camo-p-1868441.html?osCsid=b3658f8e621421954eaeb9956cf004 35

The Micro in APG camo....

Rottzilla
01-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks to all of you for your responses I am glad to here that cuz I almost have the money to order it. I just wonder should I get my sight first or get the rest then sight.

Thanks once again you are all awesome thats why I come here.

SonnyThomas
01-27-2011, 06:06 AM
BIG time hint; You can buy direct from NAP.

Rest first. You can't shoot without it.

Ehunter
01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Just a little tip for everyone that doesn't have a bow shop close for accessories, or doesn't like the one they have close. Sportsmansguide.com. I've bought several thnigs from them in the past, and have always had good results. Sights, rests, targets, arrows, pretty much a little of everything. Not a huge selection, but good prices on what they do have.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Just a little tip for everyone that doesn't have a bow shop close for accessories, or doesn't like the one they have close. Sportsmansguide.com. I've bought several thnigs from them in the past, and have always had good results. Sights, rests, targets, arrows, pretty much a little of everything. Not a huge selection, but good prices on what they do have.

Ehunter is right we have been using them for a while. Because prices now a days matter. :D

Hutch

Money Man
01-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I found a sight that I have not ordered from, but they seem to have almost everything www.outdoorsexperience.com The prices seem good, but I have yet to order from them so I can not comment on the service.

CarlosII
01-28-2011, 02:52 AM
I have two NAP rest, one drop away and the prong rest. The micro adjust makes tuning a lot less time consuming. Good product.

elkslayer4x5
01-28-2011, 07:29 AM
+3 on the NAP quiktunes! I got one on all three Martins, especilly like the Micro 3000, mostly cause its easier to adjust that the 1000, which was'nt all that tough to tune either.
And a +2 on SportsmanGuide.com, have had no complaints on any of the items I've purchased from them and hard to beat their prices. :cool:

Rottzilla
01-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks y'all for the 411 on the rest. I am definitely going to purchase one, and will post up pic's once installed.

I will definitely look into sportsman's guide I didn't even think to look at them for Archery stuff I always look there for my gun stuff.

I will also look into www.outdoorsexperience.com as well.

Thanks to all of you for all your input and help.

Will

bowhntr
02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
i have an apache on my firecat. it used to be on my tracer. I havent had any issues with it at all one thing ive noticed is that it is really quiet when you draw.

Atavio
02-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello.

Been using the NAP Apache Micro, on my Shadowcat. I would reccommend that rest to anyone.

Atavio