PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready to hit the trails

ElkSlayer
01-25-2011, 07:23 AM
spring is coming, yea it may not look like it but sure as the sun rises it will be here.. I am itching to get to the range, hit some trails. shoot some field rounds & a animal round... take all the kids an have a blast. :D
Any body else ready to go...
I will be hooking that new BT release to my bow for the first time today, (Just cant resist it any longer) so i can re- tune any thing thats out of wack from the switch to the new toy.. Got to kill some Foam. :eek:come on 3 D shoots start up already:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Our Martin dealer has 110 acres of fun year round. He had a outdoor 3d target range with 30 targets, we use to shoot at. He had to cut it down to 15 targets after the floods. When we did the 30 targets it was an all day bring your lunch day. But it was a great time. Even now that it is only 15 targets it still is fun. This year when as you said spring arrives I'll have my 3 kids and myself going can't wait.

Hutch

ElkSlayer
01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
With that snow you were having it might take it a bit longer to arrive.. Us on the other hand, had 60* sun shine two days in a row...lol
So some guy got ahold of my bow and moved my peep an kisser..shortend the DL too:( Oh wait I did all That when i hooked on with The TRU Ball..:eek: OH my is all i have to say...yea right, I never shut up.
Other then the obvious, peep / DL ajustment. It went well. need you all to stop by and make sure My form is solid..lol Takes a bit for the shot to happen but most of the first session with bow it was a suprize shot.

elkslayer4x5
01-25-2011, 02:45 PM
No wonder I never saw your post, probably had to dust this place out. Was that an echo? You where correct, it is my accelerated dial-up that x's out the pic, the pita :D So much activity arouond this board that a post I made back in Oct. is in the 4th thread down!

ElkSlayer
01-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Having a nice place to shoot is always a huge plus. We have 53 acres our club owns. Indoor range with 20yd lanes. pratice range has huge inverted V of target butts 20 -60 on right side, and 25 - 65 on left... to the far left is a 100+ lane that has huge stack of ceader bails, markers 100-70.
Top that off with 4 trails 14 ends each... talk about making a day of it ..takes us a hour to get there. so we spend 4-5 hours every time we go.. good thing they have a camp ground. that way a day can turn into a weekend :D any body up for a round or two ;) I should be soon..if not guess the kids can have a blast whoopin on me.. This time..:cool:

http://www.cascadianbowmen.com/

ElkSlayer
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Well then post up...lol should be time to bust out all the bags and get um hung back up at your place...after you do more triming of course on them trails.

elkslayer4x5
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
I'll be back up in May, got to do those remodels on the GrubHorn, but I'll bring a bow or two with me. Copterdoc says a 3 inch longer string to swap the B nitrous for the C's. And speaking of C cams, might want to pm those 3 I mentioned. :cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-25-2011, 03:16 PM
If you need Martin specs. just go to www.Copterdoc.com:D:D;)

Hutch

ElkSlayer
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
LoL I have had long chats with copterdoc....:D
By the time you get up here 4x5 I should be back on top of my game.:D heck should even have 2 tom's in the freezer ;) ryans already gearin up for it...should have plenty of flu flu feathers... bring raw shafts. with luck you can make it when there is a 3D in the area... just rember when I pencil whip you again...you taught me oh so long ago...Thanks :cool:

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 06:57 PM
LoL I have had long chats with copterdoc....:D
By the time you get up here 4x5 I should be back on top of my game.:D heck should even have 2 tom's in the freezer ;) ryans already gearin up for it...should have plenty of flu flu feathers... bring raw shafts. with luck you can make it when there is a 3D in the area... just rember when I pencil whip you again...you taught me oh so long ago...Thanks

You got the same score when you added it. You dropped one too many points on that field round. Want to have a go at an instintive field, hunter, or animal round ? :p
Hutch, your link didn't work !!

ElkSlayer
01-26-2011, 07:14 PM
yea we had a good run down at your place, swapin out for top dog every other round..;)
Then when you came up you did have some equipment trouble the week of the safari. but I still have them score cards for that week...lol Now the way I remember It Iam still up on ya :D but hey any time bring your best pencil :D:D

gravedigger
02-09-2011, 09:40 PM
there is a archery shop outside of yamhill oregon with a corse open 365 days a year.they have many acres to walk.hell theres even a "big foot" target.t-rex,really every 3d animal to fling them arrows at.even better in the snow.anytime yall might be in oregon let me know.its a blast.20 yards up to 90 yard shots.on monday i went up and a herd of about 30 elk ran right by me.

elkslayer4x5
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
a couple of years ago Elkslayer ( my son ), my Grandson Elkslayer9x8 and I shot in the Greater Oregon Safari held weekend nearest to 4 of July every year, at their club facility, check out the link at the bottom of Elkslayer's post. Several days before the shoot, we were in Eugene at one of the acrhery shops and I got to talking to an older man, who was a menber of the same club in the 1950's. :)

http://www.cascadianbowmen.com/

ElkSlayer
02-12-2011, 12:19 PM
anytime yall might be in oregon let me know.its a blast..

Hey Im here Now ...hahahha I live here.. just south of eugene. we should yap it up via the Pm's.. would like to check out Big foot..we want the foot ahhahahh after all what is the trophy one keeps off a Big Foot..:cool::cool:

gravedigger
02-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Hey Im here Now ...hahahha I live here.. just south of eugene. we should yap it up via the Pm's.. would like to check out Big foot..we want the foot ahhahahh after all what is the trophy one keeps off a Big Foot..:cool::cool:

any time your near the west side lt me know.its 12 dollars to shoot all 40 targets.i live in forest grove about 30 min away frpm the 3d shoot.or if ya get a wild hair t come on out and shoot.im allmost allways down,unless i have to dig a grave then i will have to wait.anyhow lets do some shootin.i only know 2 other people who shoot.let shoot up the3ds

ElkSlayer
02-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I am on the west side, just south of eugene.. made myself a release bag so now I am ready.. :D
other bag is large enough to hold my camra :cool:
time to get to the range

elkslayer4x5
02-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Saaayy, pretty nice looking work! I suppose now you'll be wanting a promotion to R & D? Field testers just test stuff, they don't make it :)

ElkSlayer
02-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Naw Im good as a tester...because i still have to test this bag...where are my keys..:D in ahour i can be on a trail..maybe hit the bear 1st off finish on the elk... or maybe the deer run to cougar...depends on what targets are up.. you know how i like the animal rd.. only droped 2pt 1st time best roung ever:confused: trying to hard to be perfect i guess, now its 6pts i need back:cool: besides how do ya get a promotion in your Own Co. hahahaha I am already the CEO of the northern division, and floor sweep.

gravedigger
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
not too bad.when your in my neck of the woods lets hit up kutch 3d.have ya been there befor?i have not yet kept score,just gone for fun.

ElkSlayer
02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
never been up there... but sounds good to me.. It is a lot mor fun shooting with some one else.. we will have to try an hook up @ your place or mine, (It has a camp ground) check out the link in my sig :cool:

gravedigger
02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
never been up there... but sounds good to me.. It is a lot mor fun shooting with some one else.. we will have to try an hook up @ your place or mine, (It has a camp ground) check out the link in my sig :cool:

wow.thats some pro stuff right there.wayyyyyy out of my zone.but a guy is allowed to make a fool of him self when he not on his home turf:D.only one way to get beter and thats to shoot it up.this summer you just might be seeing me.i get 2 weeks of vacation time.1 1\2 weeks is for hunting and the other is for what ever.we will have to talk a bit more.