PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous camed bows

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I was talking to Elkslayer the other day about Nitrous cams. Seems that a lot of us still have one or more Nitrous camed bow. Would you all post what bow and size cam you're still shooting? How many of us have a stach of cams and mods? My bows are listed below, just got some C's for the Cougar so now I'll be able to shoot it with fingers. And yep, I've got some parts put away. :D

ElkSlayer
01-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Just the one set of Bs' on my cougar and a extra set of 65% mods.and that extra axle. the HL mods are on the bow... I think you should just send me them new C's..lol do the other swap on 2nd slayr use them C's on ole blue..:D

After all you only need a riser an string to build a new Bow...:D

Montalaar
01-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Going to build a custom ShadowCat 2010 with Nitrous Cs i still have.

Oh well.. I need to repaint my Cams, the color is chipping off (they are black now..)...

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
If I use my B's on the 13" limb, it will shorten my draw by an 1", As its now, got the B's in the last hole, and a longer loop than I like, still have to lean my head to the string. Just like you, I need these C's. Gonna have to give up those B's. I'm sure the next guy your find shooting C's with mini mods will be glad to trade you for your pretty B's. Isn't that right, hotrod26? I know I'm happy with 'em. :D

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Going to build a custom ShadowCat 2010 with Nitrous Cs i still have.

Oh well.. I need to repaint my Cams, the color is chipping off (they are black now..)...

How about a powder coat, who did your peep, and do you have the link to where ( was that you Spiker? ) got the powder?
What about polishing them? Didn't you need to sand a bit of limb fork away, did you ever decide on a sealer ? :)

ElkSlayer
01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Well its just that them New C's are just sittin :D for now I know :p
Its your fault for letting me shoot your slayr, and teaching me archey when I was 5.:D need the B's for the Boy you see I too created a acherholic...........lol

rjd
01-26-2011, 06:21 PM
B's on a '06 Slayer . I also have the "C"s that came off of it . Would really like to try it set up as a shoot thru.

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, already made one trade for new X rigging, might be able to do another pretty soon, so they'll be busy soon. :D

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 06:30 PM
B's on a '06 Slayer . I also have the "C"s that came off of it . Would really like to try it set up as a shoot thru.

I love it! I agree 100% with everything copterdoc said in his posts in the 06 Slayer cable rod thread.
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=8586
All you'll need are the X mods to match your let off, and new rigging. :cool:

copterdoc
01-26-2011, 07:33 PM
...Would you all post what bow and size cam you're still shooting?
I have tried about every combination you could think of, for the Bullet-X, Slayer, Cougar and Scepter. I am currently working on a Triad, that is going to be faster than anything I have ever built.

My favorite configuration for my 28" DL, is still the Bullet-X. I like the 14" limbs, and B cams with reg mods best. The 13" limbs and C cams do give me a tad more let-off, but they are also about 12 F.P.S. slower at the same DL. Even with mini-mods. I also have cracked a few sets of 13" limbs, but never (knock on wood) a set of 14" ones.

How many of us have a stach of cams and mods?
Maybe a few.......:D:p:D;)

ElkSlayer
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM

I'll bet you do...lol I sure see why

elkslayer4x5
01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
I have tried about every combination you could think of, for the Bullet-X, Slayer, Cougar and Scepter. I am currently working on a Triad, that is going to be faster than anything I have ever built.

My favorite configuration for my 28" DL, is still the Bullet-X. I like the 14" limbs, and B cams with reg mods best. The 13" limbs and C cams do give me a tad more let-off, but they are also about 12 F.P.S. slower at the same DL. Even with mini-mods. I also have cracked a few sets of 13" limbs, but never (knock on wood) a set of 14" ones.

I'll bet you do Doc! LOL
Thats funny I posted from the end of copterdocs post only see I'm late in saying the same as Elkslayer did.

elkslayer4x5
01-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Come on, surely we have more nitrous camed bows still in use, post 'em up.:)

wisecane
01-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Ok here goes....

I have an older SlayR riser with C cams shoot-through, just needs strings.

I have an 07 Slayer with B cams shoot-through

I have an older SlayR with B cams shoot-through that I "gave" my bro-in-law, however if he doesn't start shooting, I may reaquire it.

I have a Cat-Cammed Slayer on the way that "may" get changed over to the C cams and 13" limbs once it arrives.

I really wish I could get ahold of more 14" lower deflection limbs. Stuff in the 3H and lower range.

elkslayer4x5
01-28-2011, 09:16 AM
I've got a set of 2M 13" limbs, that I'm too large to use, if I use Cs on 'em so I can reach my 30 1/2 draw, they'll peak at about 50#s. If I put Bs on to gain draw weight, it's too short for me. :(

88notchback
01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Getting a set of B cams for a 2006 Bengal project this weekend!

wisecane
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I've got a set of 2M 13" limbs, that I'm too large to use, if I use Cs on 'em so I can reach my 30 1/2 draw, they'll peak at about 50#s. If I put Bs on to gain draw weight, it's too short for me. :(

Sooooo how much would you be willing to take fo those?

elkslayer4x5
01-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Ok here goes....

I have an older SlayR riser with C cams shoot-through, just needs strings.

I have an 07 Slayer with B cams shoot-through

I have an older SlayR with B cams shoot-through that I "gave" my bro-in-law, however if he doesn't start shooting, I may reaquire it.

I have a Cat-Cammed Slayer on the way that "may" get changed over to the C cams and 13" limbs once it arrives.

I really wish I could get ahold of more 14" lower deflection limbs. Stuff in the 3H and lower range.

Well, we both know how difficult it is to find these in the lower deflections. Maybe we can work out a deal, but lets take negotiations off the board, pm me with an offer. :D

Spiker
01-29-2011, 06:18 AM
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=315

rjd
01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Would like to see a Cat cammed Slayer. I really like my Firecat. That sounds like a nice set up.

rmercado
01-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Guys, CherryJu1ce has Nos cams, mods and other parts for sale on AT

elkslayer4x5
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
That Cherryjuice, seems he's always got some nitrous parts, but at least he's selling this week! :D