PDA

View Full Version : TRG Clearance

kylecurtis04
02-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Has anyone had any problems with blazers or any type of fletchings clearing the TRG system? Mine are clearing on the shots, but it seems as though it is pretty darn close. I'd say probably 1/8 of an inch away from the TRG system. Any information and help would be grateful. Thanks!

bfisher
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Haven't checked the TRG yet, but 1/8" is plenty. Hey, if the vanes clear it doesn't matter by how much. The less the better. Otherwise you're bow is just torquing the limbs more. It's one of the reasons I see no practical use for high profile vanes like Blazers.

Arrow Splitter
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM
It's one of the reasons I see no practical use for high profile vanes like Blazers.

Yes, the high profile of the Blazer vane is one of the its cons in some situations, but I noticed that when I switched from 4" vanes to 2" Blazers, my arrows flew better, especially in breezy conditions. I also noticed that my arrows flew higher, so that was another plus. They really shine when shooting broadheads.:cool:

Ehunter
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Are you talking about clearing the TRG itself, or clearing the cables? The TRG on my Firecat sits plenty far from the arrow path. The cables look like the fletching will hit at full draw, but as the arrow goes forward, they move to the right and provide a good 1/8th inch clearance if not a bit more. One easy way to check if you are worried is put some lipstick on the edge of your fletching and shoot the arrow. Then look for color on the TRG, cables, or sight window. No color, and you are set up fine. Minimum clearance is best.

MLN1963
02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I may be wrong but....
If the fletchings don't hit on the draw, I don't see them hitting on the shot. :confused:

kylecurtis04
02-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I may be wrong but....
If the fletchings don't hit on the draw, I don't see them hitting on the shot. :confused:

This is true and they dont hit it on the draw. Just seeing what other members opinions are on the matter.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-05-2011, 12:45 AM
This is true and they dont hit it on the draw. Just seeing what other members opinions are on the matter.

How true we all need to stick together to work things out. If asking ?'s gives you a piece of mind then keep asking.

Hutch

bowgramp59
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
i have an onza 3 , i use blazers and a quad rest without any problems!