PDA

View Full Version : QAD HD on Martin w/ SOS TRG?

Unregistered
02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Anyone run this on their new martin?

I tried to mount one up and the containment bar hits the rod that the sos trg is mounted on.

alex
02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
What is the bow? On some models you can swap the SOS/TRG to a lower hole (under the handle i think).

archerx7
02-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Anyone run this on their new martin?

I tried to mount one up and the containment bar hits the rod that the sos trg is mounted on.

Which bow is it ?

fuds
02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
firecat 400
I could snag some pics if you guys want

Ehunter
02-05-2011, 04:38 PM
I just looked at my Firecat, and I can see what you mean. There would be a problem mounting it. Only thing I can see to do is, move the TRG/SOS to the lower position, or switch rests. Only other option would be to take the containment arm off the rest, and use it that way. One other thing I noticed on mine is, I can't back the limb bolts out far enough to take the string off like on earlier models. Thinking there should have been a bit more research go into these bows.

fuds
02-05-2011, 04:45 PM
It doesn't miss by much, so I figured I am just gonna Take a little material off the qad it should fit. Shouldn't even be an 1/8th of metal to fit, more like 1/16th
I can take the inside of the mounting arm down a little to move the whole rest in just enough for it to clear

Ehunter
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Good luck, Let us know how it works!

kylecurtis04
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I just looked at my Firecat, and I can see what you mean. There would be a problem mounting it. Only thing I can see to do is, move the TRG/SOS to the lower position, or switch rests. Only other option would be to take the containment arm off the rest, and use it that way. One other thing I noticed on mine is, I can't back the limb bolts out far enough to take the string off like on earlier models. Thinking there should have been a bit more research go into these bows.

I called Martin CS and asked if you can mount the TRG & SOS in the slot below the handle and they told me that you can't. The TRG can only be mounted in the slot above the handle and the bottom slot would be used for a new lower SOS mounting system that they are coming out with in a few weeks.

archerx7
02-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Just an FYI for anyone that wants to use a full containment rest, the RipCord will bolt right on without any mods.
I just put a QAD LD model on a FC400 without any modifications also. Don't know what the difference is between the HD and LD models.