PDA

View Full Version : white stuff coming to OK. again

bucknuts17
02-08-2011, 06:11 AM
getting ready for another round in Tulsa, cant believe it! expecting 8 to 12 in. might be seeing alot of me on here have a great day.

elkslayer4x5
02-08-2011, 07:01 AM
getting ready for another round in Tulsa, cant believe it! expecting 8 to 12 in. might be seeing alot of me on here have a great day.

As long as the phone lines don't ice up and break! :eek: DId you ever get that cable rod for your 06 Slayer?

SonnyThomas
02-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Man, sorry to hear that. They cancelled the 1 to 3" for us, but then have a high of 9 degrees for today and we just got that at 2:00 pm central time.
And then Sat and Sun they have a 40 degree forecast. One thing about Illinois, if you don't like the weather stick around for a couple days and we'll have something different.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
One thing about Illinois, if you don't like the weather stick around for a couple days and we'll have something different.

Same here wait a minute and here we go!

Hutch:cool:

Ehunter
02-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Been snowing here in Kansas since 9 am. Supposed to get 3-6 inches on top of the 8 that's still on the ground in most places. Beginning to wonder if there's a way I can shoot out my window, and have the dog pull and retrieve the arrows............

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Been snowing here in Kansas since 9 am. Supposed to get 3-6 inches on top of the 8 that's still on the ground in most places. Beginning to wonder if there's a way I can shoot out my window, and have the dog pull and retrieve the arrows............

Time to build a bigger basement. We shoot approx 20 yards in ours.:D

Hutch

Simple Life
02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
We are swamped here,just got done shoveling the roof:(Been almost 3' of snow this winter and it is only early Feb.Pretty hard on our deer herd.I am ready for summer.

alex
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I'd like some of your snow! Today here was almost 20 degrees C and we have only 4 weeks of winter more. I hope there'll be at least one big snowing or we'll have a dry summer. :(

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't blame you for that. Dry summers are tough.

Hutch

Arrow Splitter
02-08-2011, 02:06 PM
We are swamped here,just got done shoveling the roof:(Been almost 3' of snow this winter and it is only early Feb.Pretty hard on our deer herd.I am ready for summer.

Yeah, we have about the same amount here, and more keeps coming.
Now I just hope we don't start breaking previous snow records.:eek:

bfisher
02-08-2011, 02:54 PM
That much snow in Oklahoma can be a ball buster. I don't know if things have changed since I lived there in 1968, but these states that don't get snow very often usually don't have the plows and road salt to battle it. Makes for some very precarious driving and can shut things down for a few days.

How about Kansas?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-08-2011, 03:00 PM
That much snow in Oklahoma can be a ball buster. I don't know if things have changed since I lived there in 1968, but these states that don't get snow very often usually don't have the plows and road salt to battle it. Makes for some very precarious driving and can shut things down for a few days.

How about Kansas?

I lived in Arkansas for a while and one inch of snow closed most of the town. Coming from NH I thought this was weird. But it isn't if you live there.

Hutch:cool:

Spiker
02-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Here where I hunt, fish, camp and play its been 23" in the last 48hrs and 279" this year.
A bit behind normal...

Ehunter
02-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Barry, we have plenty of equipment to handle it here in Kansas, just noone knows how to use it right. Last time they plowed my road, they had the blade a good 6-8inches above ground level. It's a paved road, so no reason to leave that much. They tend to wait until the snow is about half way over, then put down sand and cinders, that way, they get covered by the remaining snow. Apparently, a logic I don't understand behind that. lol It's been a year or two since I have seen anyone but the state put out salt around here. Thank God I have a bobcat sitting in the yard. lol

SonnyThomas
02-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Wish I had this. Ahhhh! A Chevy V8 sounds so nice.

Ehunter
02-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Gotta keep an eye on the kids and dogs with that one Sonny. lol I'd be spittin out lawn chairs and everything else with that. lol

alex
02-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Wish I had this. Ahhhh! A Chevy V8 sounds so nice.

Sonny, do you own a relatively big oil well? :D

elkslayer4x5
02-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Well, don't own an oil well, but close, this one was on my Granddad's place near the turn of the last century, 1900
http://www.pacificsites.com/~rparker/ptoil2.jpg
Nope, never hit oil, but I still like the feel of Detriot Muscle under my foot. :D

alex
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, don't own an oil well, but close, this one was on my Granddad's place near the turn of the last century, 1900
http://www.pacificsites.com/~rparker/ptoil2.jpg
Nope, never hit oil, but I still like the feel of Detriot Muscle under my foot. :D

Interesting picture! Too bad there was no oil - i've never spoken with a millionaire :D
By the way i prefer a shovel - it's silent, clean and good for the muscles. But i only have about 30 yards to clean.

coyotekiller82
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Man, sorry to hear that. They cancelled the 1 to 3" for us, but then have a high of 9 degrees for today and we just got that at 2:00 pm central time.
And then Sat and Sun they have a 40 degree forecast. One thing about Illinois, if you don't like the weather stick around for a couple days and we'll have something different.

Sounds a lot like Manitoba weather...-40F the last couple of mornings with the windchill...supposed to be up to 32F by the weekend. Should make for some good weather to go coyote hunting...that is if the wind doesn't get too crazy...not holding my breath though...this time if year I refer to our Provincial motto as WINDY Manitoba instead of FRIENDLY Manitoba! But then again, it's always windy on the prairies!

Crazy winter for snow this year too...we've had about 4' total...it's settled out to about 3'...very tough going without snowshoes...

SonnyThomas
02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
No, I don't have a oil well of any size. However, I am working on my 5th million dollars. I gave up on the first 4 million. :D

MLN1963
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Should make for some good weather to go coyote hunting...that is if the wind doesn't get too crazy...
Crazy winter for snow this year too...we've had about 4' total...it's settled out to about 3'...very tough going without snowshoes...

Coyotekiller

Are you hunting the yotes with bow or gun?

alex
02-09-2011, 01:58 PM
No, I don't have a oil well of any size. However, I am working on my 5th million dollars. I gave up on the first 4 million. :D

:D The same here. About a dacade ago we had a kind of hyper-inflation and i was so close to become a millionaire, but alas - i've missed my best chance :D

coyotekiller82
02-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Coyotekiller

Are you hunting the yotes with bow or gun?

Usually with a gun this time of year. But our Nat Resources Dept. has finally extended the season to year round as their numbers are high...so possibly this summer I'll have a chance to get out after 'em with the bow. Not to mention spring when the gophers come out it'll be time to twist on the Judo points :cool:

elkslayer4x5
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Last fall there was an article in an Oregon Hunt and Fish mag that quoted Oregon DNR saying that in southeastern Ore the pronghorn fawn mortality rate was 90% due to coyote predation, mule deer numbers are about the same. :eek: Use anything!

Arrow Splitter
02-10-2011, 02:22 PM
In NH coyote season is year round, and during certain months night hunting is legal.