PDA

View Full Version : New cheetah owner

JohnnyReb.
02-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, just got a cheetah and thought I should join.I love the bow and now I just need a good sight and rest.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Welcome JohnnyReb! Glad to have you aboard with the rest of the martin family. So you got bit by the cheetah!:D Good for you. Its a fun bow. And as you say you love it.

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the forum JohnnyReb.
It depends on what you are willing to spend on a sight and rest. Name brands of sights like HHA, Spot Hog, and others are excellent, but are pricey. Other brands like Truglo, GWS, and Cobra make less pricey models that are still good sights. I currently use a Truglo Range Rover single pin. The sight normally goes for around $70, but I got mine for $50.

Arrow rests are the same way. It also depends on what style you are looking for. Many archers use a dropaway rest, then there is the prong style, full containment, etc. Ripcord, Spot Hog, Trophy Ridge are just a few notable names. I use a Bodoodle Zapper 300 full containment rest, and I like it. When I'm hunting or target shooting, arrows falling off the rest is not an issue.:cool:

elkslayer4x5
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Arrow Spliter is right on about the sights, I started with a Cobra slider, Grandson shot it for a couple years and now the Ggrand daughter is wanting it. Looked at both of the sights that A.S. and Hutch are shooting, all basicily all the same sight, it was the rheostat on the HHA OL 5519 that won me over.
Rests, I prefer a prong, pretty easy to adjust, and tunes easy, but then not real tough to tune a Shoot-thru system, has no lateral nock movement. :D
My nephew has a 09 Cheetah and loves it. Has put 1000's of shots thru it, and never a hint of trouble. ( Knock wood, 2009 was not a good year for limbs ) Has taken a pile of deer with it, I've lost count, last year was 5, He's gonna talk me into hunting Missouri yet! Hope you enjoy your Cheetah as much as he does. :D

Simple Life
02-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bow

Gregg

HawgEnvy
02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, just got a cheetah and thought I should join.I love the bow and now I just need a good sight and rest.

I just got mine,too,a few weeks ago. It's set up with Trophy taker drop away,apex gear atomic 1 pin sight, homemade stabilizer light for hunting coons n possum at night,string suppressor. It's a great bow. Very maneuverable,quite accurate. Zeroed at 25yds and good to 35 aiming 1" high. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2011, 09:10 AM
I just got mine,too,a few weeks ago. It's set up with Trophy taker drop away,apex gear atomic 1 pin sight, homemade stabilizer light for hunting coons n possum at night,string suppressor. It's a great bow. Very maneuverable,quite accurate. Zeroed at 25yds and good to 35 aiming 1" high. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Welcome sounds to me like a nice set up.

HUTCH:cool:

bfisher
02-11-2011, 11:37 AM
hey Hawg,

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see you participating.

HawgEnvy
02-11-2011, 04:36 PM
hey Hawg,

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see you participating.

thanks for the welcome. Hopin to learn somethings and share my experiences and some things I know.

Hutch, my cheetah is a nice set up. Was looking for a '10 Warthog Mag. I couldn't pass up the Cheetah for $100 though.

Rangerj
02-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Welcome,I also have a Cheetah and I love it.I use the Whisker Biscuit rest and a single pin Apex sight.

HawgEnvy
02-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I tried the Hostage rest. I don't care for them. I'm stuck on my Trophy Taker drop aways. I just added the sts yesterday an took off the string jacks. I might have gained some speed,but not a noticeable amount. Sure quited it down a bit,though.

JohnnyReb.
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.I have already added the string stop and a new CJ 4 pin sight.I am going to stick with the nap quick tune rest until I can figure out which one I like.When I last bow hunted 10 yrs ago all I ever used was a drop rest.So will see how this one holds up and if it doesnt I will be looking at one of the drop aways or a better cont. rest.

Ehunter
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
NAP has a drop away called the Apache. I have it on one of my bows. Seems to be a very nice rest. On that same bow, I have the CJ 5 pin sight. Got both of them, rest and sight, for $94 new. That's what my Trophy Taker drop aways cost each.