PDA

View Full Version : The Alien X has relanded

Brem
02-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey All,
My wait is over, I got my beloved AX back today(it took 28 days). Cams replaced and new strings too. Put my sight and rest on and measured centershot. We loaded up the string with a metapeep and a d loop, checked the cams for timing, BH is off by a hair and so is ATA but it pulled exactly 70 lbs so I left it be. Mods at 28.5 and stop at 28 I put a 350 gr arrow through the crono and got 316 and a 375 gr arrow at 310. This is one bad a** bow. The new guy at the shop used some heavier d loop material than I had before and built up a tied nock set inside for good fit and a wide loop. i lost a few fps but it looks good and no nock slip. Took it over to the range and two tweeks of the sight and within 4 arrows later i was banging shafts together. I am sooo happy, I am going to wear that target out tomorrow. My shop should be getting a silencer in next week and if I like it, it will likely come home with me as the back up.

Ehunter
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Good to hear Brem. Glad everything is back up and shooting. Been 2 weeks since I've been able to shoot my Cat, and I'm getting stir crazy. lol

Brem
02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks E, I could handle 2 weeks because of weather but a month due to breakage is unbearable. I am going to tweek it a little in the morning and maybe eke that last couple of fps out of it to get it back to that 318 i was getting before. I will also see how it shoots at distance outside as my pins are 30,40, and 50 and its only been shot at 20 indoors.

Brem
02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Well as I said before I was getting 316 with an IBO arrow so I got up this morning and did a little tweeking here and there. I got 318 which is where I was at before so I was happy. I had not put any string or limb silencers on yet. So i put on some monkey tails and a pair of limbsaver stick ons to the limbs. reran it and lost only 2 fps so back to 316 and alot quieter, Im very happy with it.

Ehunter
02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Good to hear Brem. I've been seriously thinking about an AX or a Nemesis lately. Still can't quite get the hang of this new Firecat.