PDA

View Full Version : are there stronger limbs for a bengal.

gravedigger
02-10-2011, 04:32 PM
well i am wondering if ther are stronger limbs for a bengal.i have had no problems with mine but if they do splinter then i would like to know if i can upgrade.thanks for any info that you can give me.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-10-2011, 04:39 PM
No upgrades but they are under warranty so you are covered for replacements.

Hutch

gravedigger
02-10-2011, 04:47 PM
No upgrades but they are under warranty so you are covered for replacements.

Hutch

well there is a problem with warenty.i did by my bow new in the box.but i bought it from a guy on craigs list.he has too much money and buys 2 or 3 new bows of every model each year.he tests one,give one away to a charity to auction off and sells one.i paid 300 for mine new never shot.i dont have his reciept,so i dont think martin would help me if i did break a limb.i could be wrong but what i have read is that i would need the original sales reciept to use the warenty.and if i put a aftermarket string on it that too would void the warenity

Ehunter
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
grave, I'm pretty sure Martin will take care of you. I didn't need the receipt for my bow when I needed some work done on it. As far as the aftermarket strings, I doubt that'll matter to them either. Martin has top notch customer service, and they take care of their customers. I also wouldn't worry about breaking a limb. It wasn't uncommon on a couple of models back in '09, but they have pretty well got them taken care of. Think about all the bows Martin sells every year, and it's a very low percentage that has problems.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Well that would be up to martin cs. I wouldn't worry about it till the time comes or doesn't.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
02-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Well that would be up to martin cs. I wouldn't worry about it till the time comes or doesn't.

Hutch:cool:

well thanks hutch.it makes me feel a bit better.i did keep the box and all tags.really everything it came with.i have herd there strong and can take a lickn and keep on tickin.i have a buddy who has boke lims on his mathews.but i have two frieds with martins one is a really old bengal and the only thing he has done to it was replace the cabel.infact that was the first bow i shot and decided to get mine.well with the wifes ok that is.lol....but i dont want to buy another bow i like to stick with what i know.again thanks for all your help.im learning a bit more each and every day

elkslayer4x5
02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Stronger limbs? Are you wanting more draw weight or just worring about breakage? if you want more draw weight, Martin limb codes run from 0 to 10, finding them could be the problem, unless you want to buy new ones at near $200 a set, used limbs run about $40-60 on ArcheryTak Classified ads. :)

gravedigger
02-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Stronger limbs? Are you wanting more draw weight or just worring about breakage? if you want more draw weight, Martin limb codes run from 0 to 10, finding them could be the problem, unless you want to buy new ones at near $200 a set, used limbs run about $40-60 on ArcheryTak Classified ads. :)

well stronger and more draw weight.im not going to be changeing anything out anytime soon.i am just looking for options.im at 73# right now but i would like to get up to 80# of draw weight.73 is ok for now but sometime in the next year or two i will want more.

elkslayer4x5
02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Go 1 or 2 numbers on your limb deflection codes and watch the class ads, they may show up. :)