PDA

View Full Version : Glad or Sad...

Spiker
02-14-2011, 01:56 PM
I put a set of 50# limbs on my Alien X a couple weeks ago. Just measured everything - did a straight limb swap - re-checked the measurements and everything was the same so I didn't re-tune or anything. Shot around 200 arrows thru it the past week and all seemed to be well.
Since it is the bow I am going to use for spring Turkeys, today, I thought I would put a couple broadheads on and see if they still impact the same.
So I go outside and set up at 25yds (my top pin) and put a broadhead in the target. Load a FP tipped arrow and:
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=360

So - guess I wont change the tune... :D

gibson 787
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Ha ha, that's a glad! Nice shot BTY mate.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Serves you right for knowing how to tune your own bow:rolleyes: LOL :D
Nice shot!
Hutch

ElkSlayer
02-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Should have shot the target tip 1st..maybe you would olny be doing a refletch..:D:D show off :D:D way cool.. ole tom best look out and keep his head down

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Spiker what kind of feathers are you using.

Hutch

SonnyThomas
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
So sad to see a arrow go :D

archerx7
02-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't know there spiker, looks to be a little left of center on the target, you may want to try that again.......;)
just to make sure its all good, ya know...:D

Spiker
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I knew you were gonna catch that.
And yeah - been shooting just a bit left all week.
I'll move the sight over a touch tomorrow.

justin
02-14-2011, 05:54 PM
i tagged an arrow a few weekis ago in winter league and my shooting fell apart!! lol now i have a messed up aarow and cant shoot worth a hoot!!!

Spiker
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Spiker what kind of feathers are you using.

Hutch

These have 4" Gateways on them.
I always end up back with feathers. Vanes seem to shoot better at long range for me but at 50 or less I shoot more consistant with 4" feathers on broadheads.
I just tried the Fusions and they work well and I have some SK-300's on the way that I really want to try out - but, I really do like 4" Feathers, Trueflight seem to be a little more consistant but Gateways work fine too.

Spiker
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
i tagged an arrow a few weekis ago in winter league and my shooting fell apart!! lol now i have a messed up aarow and cant shoot worth a hoot!!!

Dont tell me things like that. ;)

alex
02-14-2011, 11:40 PM
That's a great shot, Scott! :) I hope the killed one wasn't your best arrow.

Arrow Splitter
02-15-2011, 05:28 AM
I put a set of 50# limbs on my Alien X a couple weeks ago. Just measured everything - did a straight limb swap - re-checked the measurements and everything was the same so I didn't re-tune or anything. Shot around 200 arrows thru it the past week and all seemed to be well.
Since it is the bow I am going to use for spring Turkeys, today, I thought I would put a couple broadheads on and see if they still impact the same.
So I go outside and set up at 25yds (my top pin) and put a broadhead in the target. Load a FP tipped arrow and:
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=360

So - guess I wont change the tune... :D

I hope you don't plan to do this on a regular basis...it might get costly.lol:D

Spiker
02-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Last night for Valentines day my wife gave me a dozen new arrows.;)

Arrow Splitter
02-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Last night for Valentines day my wife gave me a dozen new arrows.;)

Oh, so that's why you don't mind breaking arrows.:D

Spiker
02-15-2011, 05:56 AM
No - still sad about the arrow. Not so much it but the time to build another.
Cutting/fletching etc is pretty boring...

Arrow Splitter
02-15-2011, 05:58 AM
No - still sad about the arrow. Not so much it but the time to build another.
Cutting/fletching etc is pretty boring...

Yeah, I got to agree with you there, especially when there is a dozen or more arrows to be done.