PDA

View Full Version : Silencer and Rest

mdchevalier
02-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I am new to this site. I am considering getting either the new Onza 3 or the Silencer this year. I have read that there may be an issue with using the QAD rest because of clearance. I am wondering if the NAP Apache will have any issues with touching the SOS or TRG. Any help would be great. I am also not opposed to keeping the QAD. I shoot one already and like it, but I like to try new toys.

mudpig
02-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Can't really comment on your particular rest choice, but I have a Silencer and the dealer I bought it from, he bought the new Onza 3. Both bows are really awesome. Both bows have Alpine drop away rests and they have functioned flawlessly. You won't be disappointed with either bow.

Ehunter
02-16-2011, 08:13 AM
I can't say about the Onza, but you shouldn't have any problems on the Firecat. I have a 2011 Firecat 400 with a Trophy Taker drop away, which is almost the same as the Apache. I have a "toolless" Apache on my '08 Moab. I would NOT recommend getting the "toolless" Apache though. I can see some possible interference with the adjustment "handles". They stick up far enough on mine, that it looks like it would interfere with the TRG/SOS rod on the new Firecats, or any of the new bows.

elkslayer4x5
02-16-2011, 10:02 AM
So far this year it seems like we've been reading a lot on both of those bows, and both seem to be great chooices, so go shoot 'em and let the bow pick you. :)