PDA

View Full Version : Rytera Alien Z

bcriner
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
What a bow. I just got my new shooters bow. I was surprised with this bow. I was not sure how the 6 1/2" brace height would be especially with the hybrid cams. Mine is actually 36 1/2" ata and 6 3/4" brace height. It is shooting a 344gr. arrow 284fps at 54lbs and 29 1/4" draw. Ibo figures out to be around 325fpswhich is very consistent with every other Martin bow I have owned. On every bow I have setup, they always figure out to IBO at 5fps under what Martin states. I am not saying they don't do IBO. I am just stating that is how all of my tuning works out. It was the same for my Alien X and my Shadowcat as well as the Firecats I have setup. What really surprised me was the draw and the shot. The draw was smoother than my AlienX and my Shadowcat. The shot was dead. I mean dead. More than any bow I have ever shot and that was with no stabilizer. It is even smoother and more dead than both the silencer and the onza that I have here in the shop.

I debated long and hard about getting this bow having never seen one. I was considering the onza or another shadow cat. I definitely made the right choice and will be getting at least one more if not two for hunting and a backup for tournaments.

Clay

Spiker
02-16-2011, 04:27 AM
I really like my Z also and get about the same measurements/results.
Is yours a 2010?

Brem
02-16-2011, 04:40 AM
I love my AX and the Z would be a great addition but... I cant understand why they made it longer and a shorter bh but did not get more speed out of it. The warthog was 35" ATA and 6" BH and was IBO rated at 350fps. I understand that it was likely for the target crowd nice but think that it would have been great if they got a little more aggressive on the design and pushed the speed up especially since the Warthog was dropped from thee lineup.

Spiker
02-16-2011, 06:57 AM
snot always about speed...

Montalaar
02-16-2011, 08:11 AM
I hope that people will understand that sometime...

Brem
02-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Understood, I am greedy. I want fast and accurate. I dont have those long arms, I am pushing it for 28" to be comfortable. Is it too much to ask for a hunting weight arrow be launched at over 300fps?

bfisher
02-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Understood, I am greedy. I want fast and accurate. I dont have those long arms, I am pushing it for 28" to be comfortable. Is it too much to ask for a hunting weight arrow be launched at over 300fps?

In a word? YES.........

bfisher
02-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Yeah, right Simon. With your 32"+ draw length that's easy for you to say.

Montalaar
02-16-2011, 10:42 AM
No, it is not because of my draw. It is because i am not itnerested in speed.

See, take a look at all of those recurve and longbow archers. Heavy arrows, low speeds and they STILL hit the target, the STILL can hunt with those bows. I have a longbow myself and i can hit a circle of 25cm in diameter at 18 yds. This is not for practice, just for fun of cause but it is possible.

Speed is no solution, it is just a way to draw off attention from other things. :/

Arrow Splitter
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM

I have a feeling that your hopes are too high...:D:D

bfisher
02-16-2011, 12:21 PM
No, it is not because of my draw. It is because i am not itnerested in speed.

See, take a look at all of those recurve and longbow archers. Heavy arrows, low speeds and they STILL hit the target, the STILL can hunt with those bows. I have a longbow myself and i can hit a circle of 25cm in diameter at 18 yds. This is not for practice, just for fun of cause but it is possible.

Speed is no solution, it is just a way to draw off attention from other things. :/

Simon,

I think ou missed my point. With your long draw speed is not something you have to fight for. You can shoot very heavy, stable arrows and still have decent speed whether you want it or not.

I know there are obstacles, too. Like a limited selection of bows and other little goodies. It's not all heaven being on either side of the draw length spectrum.

Montalaar
02-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I got it Barry, but i am tired of this as i am not interested in speed at all.

If i could i would change to a bow with 30" dl. But i would have to bend my arm a lot and this does not work very well for me, even 31" is too short. 31.5" is okay, with long loop and a bent arm. Nothing comfortable for FITA..

rrich
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
well i have an alien z that i got just for 3-d and i must say it took me a season to get it tuned the way i like it but now that its on it on! had to change my release and anchor point but it was well worth the time and tuning. cant wait till our season starts next month.

bfisher
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
I got it Barry, but i am tired of this as i am not interested in speed at all.

If i could i would change to a bow with 30" dl. But i would have to bend my arm a lot and this does not work very well for me, even 31" is too short. 31.5" is okay, with long loop and a bent arm. Nothing comfortable for FITA..

I understand, Simon. FITA is so much more about accuracy than speed. I keep telling some guys here on our indoor league they don't need to shoot heavy draw weights. That Vegas face isn't going to "jump the string" and doesn't care how long it takes the arrow to cover 20 yards.

I know from personal experience that, shooting 3D, my scores don't vary much whether my bow is shooting 265fps or 300fps. Speed isn't worth crap is ya can't make the shot.

OK, enough on speed. On to more constructive topics.

Montalaar
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
I understand, Simon. FITA is so much more about accuracy than speed. I keep telling some guys here on our indoor league they don't need to shoot heavy draw weights. That Vegas face isn't going to "jump the string" and doesn't care how long it takes the arrow to cover 20 yards.

I know from personal experience that, shooting 3D, my scores don't vary much whether my bow is shooting 265fps or 300fps. Speed isn't worth crap is ya can't make the shot.

OK, enough on speed. On to more constructive topics.

You are so right!

alex
02-17-2011, 02:57 AM
I have a longbow myself and i can hit a circle of 25cm in diameter at 18 yds. This is not for practice, just for fun of cause but it is possible.

Do you mean "2.5cm", Simon?

Montalaar
02-17-2011, 03:32 AM
No, 25 cm with the longbow.

Approx 1cm with the Compound if i have time to practice multiple times a week. Which i do not have.

Spiker
02-17-2011, 01:56 PM
9.8" groups with longbow and .4" groups with compound at 18yds.

Montalaar
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for calculating that Spiker. :)

alex
02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
You need some more exercise with the longbow, Simon, but your results with the compound are quite impressive. :)

Montalaar
02-18-2011, 02:06 AM
You need some more exercise with the longbow, Simon, but your results with the compound are quite impressive. :)

That i s right. But i prefer to practice with the Compound as i shoot the longbow just for additional fun. :)

bcriner
02-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Shooting it this past weekend for the 4th day, I destroyed 2 arrows in 5 minutes at 40 an 50 yards. This thing is amazing.