PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into archery

Gallagher N.B.
02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone . I just got my new 2010 firecat tr2 on sunday and was online trying to figure out what gear to get for hunting and 3D.Im a littel overwelmed buy all the sights , arrow rest and ect ect . I just wont to get my bow set up with good dependable gear . Alot has changed in the last 15 years since i used to shoot archery.I did talk to some archery shops around , but they didnt have much of a selection to choose from,any ideas, thanks :)

alex
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats for the new bow! I'm afraid i can't help much - you must decide yourself what gear you like. May be if you tell us what you've chosen till now we can give some advice.

Money Man
02-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Welcome to the forum. I am also looking for information on rest, sights, etc. I have been using www.archeryreport.com since it has video and reviews of different pieces. I also found www.outdoorsexperience.com which sells products, but they have such a large selection and the items are grouped by manufacturer. These are just 2 sites that I have found to be helpful, good luck and post some pics as you go.

Gallagher N.B.
02-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the responts guys . The sights im looking at are trouphy ridge micro alpha v3 and the Hit-Man. I like the alpha v3 but heard mix resalte on it .For the arrow rest im looking at the ripcord and the APACHE MICRO.

Money Man
02-18-2011, 06:51 AM
I narrowed my sight down to the sword apex hunter which has 4 pins and the trophy ridge firewire v3, but need to see both side by side to see how I like them. I am pretty sure I have also settled on the Apache for a rest.

elkslayer4x5
02-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Another supplier, this one ships free on orders over $20. :D
http://www.meanvarchery.com/

Simple Life
02-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the forum.,nice to see another NB-er.I know there is not much for archery shops here,so I order alot of my accessories though BassPro,they also have reviews by customers under most items.Congrats on the new bow.

SL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-18-2011, 12:58 PM
If you want a review of the product you want to buy. Post the question on AT. You will get an answer from a lot of users of the product.

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
02-18-2011, 01:56 PM
If you want a review of the product you want to buy. Post the question on AT. You will get an answer from a lot of users of the product.

As well as a few other comments. :eek:

ElkSlayer
02-18-2011, 07:26 PM
When the son in law 1st got into archery I told him to just buy what he can when he can.. its the best advice i can give anyone. if you have the resorces then you can get what ever catches your eye, its all good..If not then look for a used one On AT.

archerx7
02-19-2011, 05:48 AM
The Vaportrail Limb Driver rest is one of my favorites, installation is straight forward and easy and won't have any effect on cam timing. They are also very dependable and well made.

Sword sights are pretty much the same way. Rugged, well made with bright, well protected fibers.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-19-2011, 07:51 AM
I use a pro hunter single pin sight. And a bodoodle zapper 300 for the rest. I also have a pro lite bodoodle rest extremely accurate.

Gallagher N.B.
02-22-2011, 04:43 AM
Just wonted to thank everyone for the info and the help. I think i got a good idea on what i wont . The sites you guys posted were very helpfull . Thanks again :D