PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Shadowcat

SEC
02-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Why were the TRG/SOS taken off of the 2011 Shadowcat?

kylecurtis04
02-22-2011, 06:05 AM
where did you find this information? It still shows that it is equipped with the set up on their website.

SEC
02-22-2011, 06:09 AM
I found that two places:
1) Archery talk had posts stating it was gone and...
2) on the Martin website at:
http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/shadowcat.php

on the website it does not show the trg/sos or write about it being on the Cat.

kylecurtis04
02-22-2011, 06:18 AM
hmm, thats weird. It still shows it equipped with them i the picture. I don't understand why they would do that.

bcriner
02-22-2011, 06:45 AM
For those that are curious, I removed the normal cable guard on my 2010 Shadowcat and installed the new TRG and SOS and it works fine. I have been using it for a couple months now with no issues.

The only thing I have noticed on the TRG is that it does wear the cables more if they are not wrapped like they should be for a roller guard. I would suggest wrapping the cables with HALO just like you would for a roller guard. This will make it more durable where they rub through the TRG. Just my experience after 2 months of use.

SEC
02-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Really, you get a pic with TRG and SOS attached? The pic I get when I click on the link looks like the same pic as the 2010 Shadowcat.

bcriner
02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
once you get to the Shadowcat page, then click on the bows on the right and another page will load and it does show the Shadowcat with the TRG and SOS.

CarlosII
02-22-2011, 09:32 AM
For those that are curious, I removed the normal cable guard on my 2010 Shadowcat and installed the new TRG and SOS and it works fine. I have been using it for a couple months now with no issues.

The only thing I have noticed on the TRG is that it does wear the cables more if they are not wrapped like they should be for a roller guard. I would suggest wrapping the cables with HALO just like you would for a roller guard. This will make it more durable where they rub through the TRG. Just my experience after 2 months of use.
ah ha! joan-who-says-she-used-to-work-for-Martin informed me that the TRG and SOS wouldn't fit my 2010 Shadowcat.
So, have you noticed any benefit justifying the cost of the modification?

SonnyThomas
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, weird. Of the link, the details note the rise machined from a solid block, as in no more 3 piece riser. And in the 2011 catalog it says the same thing, solid block aluminum riser, but then shows the TRG/SOS.

bcriner
02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
If you order a TRG and SOS kit, it will work on the 2010. That is all I did and it works fine. Now I will say that the specs for the 2010 show 7 1/2" BH will the 2011 is 7 3/4". I don't recall what mine is set at exactly, but again, the TRG/SOS does work on mine. I don't see or notice a difference either way. I just put it on there to let it do what it is suppose to do...eliminate torque on the cams...mine were running straight to start with. Either way, I see no issues.

bcriner
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, weird. Of the link, the details note the rise machined from a solid block, as in no more 3 piece riser. And in the 2011 catalog it says the same thing, solid block aluminum riser, but then shows the TRG/SOS.

As for the details stating it is machined from a solid block, that is true. The fact that it has a 3 piece riser is also true. You have to separate the two statements. The riser is 3 pieces. Each machined from a solid block of aluminum. They still use the 3 pieces. They don't say otherwise. What they are stating is that the riser is machined from a solid block of aluminum and not forged, or stamped, etc. But each piece is machined from a separate solid piece of aluminum.

vkrules
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM
saw 3 new 2011 shadowcats yesterday all without the trg sos a note in the box stated they are not fitted.

CarlosII
03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Hmmmm...not fitted? does that mean they cannot be fitted? i'm really getting confused with this.

CarlosII
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
If you order a TRG and SOS kit, it will work on the 2010. That is all I did and it works fine. Now I will say that the specs for the 2010 show 7 1/2" BH will the 2011 is 7 3/4". I don't recall what mine is set at exactly, but again, the TRG/SOS does work on mine. I don't see or notice a difference either way. I just put it on there to let it do what it is suppose to do...eliminate torque on the cams...mine were running straight to start with. Either way, I see no issues.
Does your SC have the "bent" cable rod like mine?

Atavio
03-04-2011, 12:22 AM
My 2011 SC did come with the TRG/SOS, in fact I ordered them cloaked. Now dont go getting all worked up you camo-haters out there. If you don' tlike the look of camo, then you don't have to look at all. To each his own.

bcriner
03-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Does your SC have the "bent" cable rod like mine?

mine was straight on my 2010 shadowcat....

vkrules
03-06-2011, 01:45 PM
later ones definitely don"t have the trg sos fitted. ( my guess is it's to do with the cable post clearance issue on the 1.5 cams at longer draw) if you draw less than 29 inch on the cat 1.5 a retrofit will work.Don't know about the no 2s. P.S bent rod on my 2010