PDA

View Full Version : 04 martin slayer

jhastie
02-26-2011, 02:12 PM
I am just starting to get into archery so I picked up a used slayer. I was wondering how to shorten the draw length..it has dual nitrous c cams and the modules on it look like they are set at their shortest. Can you buy different modules for these cams? Any help would be great.

ElkSlayer
02-26-2011, 02:27 PM
welcome to the site... yes you can do a lot with that bow... what is your DL ?
If you have C cams set to shortest seting and need to go shorter,
1. you can ad mini mods to the C's..or
2. you can swap C cams for B's. of corse that a string change too.
lots of help here an fellow slayr shoters..some have a stach of parts :cool:

hotrod26
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
PM sent!!!!

jhastie
02-26-2011, 03:27 PM
DL on bow is 30", my DL should be 28.5". When I bought the bow the guy told me it could be adjusted down... I guess I should have checked the mod first. What would be the better way to go? I am planning to hopefully hunt with it eventually.

rjd
02-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I was in the same boat as you . Went with the "B" cams and new string and cables. Got a couple extra pounds of max draw weightout of the deal. Been shooting it for a couple of weeks and have gotten a Robinhood the other night. So it must be about right. There are plenty of "b" cams out there. Everyone will be wanting your "c"'s. Right now I'm thinking of switching mine to the Shoot=thru system .

ElkSlayer
02-26-2011, 08:18 PM
I was in the same boat as you . Went with the "B" cams and new string and cables. Got a couple extra pounds of max draw weightout of the deal. Been shooting it for a couple of weeks and have gotten a Robinhood the other night. So it must be about right. There are plenty of "b" cams out there. Everyone will be wanting your "c"'s. Right now I'm thinking of switching mine to the Shoot=thru system .

thats for sure.:D I have B's and want C's .. Im a long draw guy and I just went to back tension release ... my B cam max's @ 29" when the C on my bow will go 31":D and B on yours will be 29" just what you need ;) so if you want to go this route lets work out a trade:cool: