PDA

View Full Version : Another sub forum.

Simple Life
02-27-2011, 08:36 AM
I know this is a Martin Forum,but it would be nice to have maybe a sub-forum on some things,maybe a How-To,like tying in whiskers,adjusting draw weight,tuning etc.Just a thought.

Lung Buster
02-27-2011, 08:49 AM
I know everyone was a big help to me and the links that were put up were great sounds like it could be a good idea!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I know this is a Martin Forum,but it would be nice to have maybe a sub-forum on some things,maybe a How-To,like tying in whiskers,adjusting draw weight,tuning etc.Just a thought.

X2 I think it would be a great idea also a place to refer back to if you forget some technique.

And as long as it has onions on it!

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
02-27-2011, 09:00 AM
a sub forum on here would be great for guys like me.insted of going from link to link we could just go to the best forum i found(here).im allways looking for more to read and poss some video to watch....without the onions...lol:D yuk onions

Simple Life
02-27-2011, 09:05 AM
And as long as it has onions on it!

Hutch:cool:

Thats why they should have left you banned:p.I just thought their is a ton of knowledge on here and it would keep great way to keep good info from being lost in other topics.

parttimr
02-27-2011, 09:30 AM
What a great idea SL, since most of what I and others gather from here it would be nice to have pretty much a one stop forum. Gotta stand by Hutch on the onions though need them for venison, lol.:)

ElkSlayer
02-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Gotta stand by Hutch on the onions though need them for venison, lol.:)

its just not right to cook it with out :D

And yes by all means.. the infon on nitros cam's from copterdoc,Hutch's link for tieing cat wiskers, to look like a ball.. I see AS thread on resizing pics is a sticky.. thats always help ful.

I vote yes new sub forum for link's / how to's.. heck nothing worse then doing what you thought was fine, only to find out you were supposed to Float them shafts 1st:rolleyes: lol

We long time archers have many tricks and tips that we willing give out so long as some new guy thinks to ask the right question.. Im sure most of use forgot some of the long ago tricks an tips...any one remember how to strighten a Wood shaft for example :cool:

elkslayer4x5
02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
its just not right to cook it with out :D

And yes by all means.. the infon on nitros cam's from copterdoc,Hutch's link for tieing cat wiskers, to look like a ball.. I see AS thread on resizing pics is a sticky.. thats always help ful.

I vote yes new sub forum for link's / how to's.. heck nothing worse then doing what you thought was fine, only to find out you were supposed to Float them shafts 1st:rolleyes: lol

We long time archers have many tricks and tips that we willing give out so long as some new guy thinks to ask the right question.. Im sure most of use forgot some of the long ago tricks an tips...any one remember how to strighten a Wood shaft for example :cool:

Yeah, need me to remind you? LOL :cool:

ElkSlayer
02-27-2011, 10:06 AM
nope.. dont have any @ this time, and remember how :D
even figured out how to make my own fletching from wild turkey feathers.. here you always thougt i was'nt paying any attention...lol

Simple Life
02-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Sent a PM to Barry(hoped it worked,shows nothing sent)asking about the a new sub-forum and hopefully they will set one up.:)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Would be nice!

Hutch

Money Man
02-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I'll vote for it. I have been printing and bookmarking everything and it would be nice to have an area to go for everything like that.

SonnyThomas
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, we all might have some ideas that might be better than the next guy or trying to understand some passage in reading material. Still, AT is a Martin forum site and what better link to have than General Archery Information? 2 pages of info and links to other info. I'd start the sub forum with a Sticky and this link. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=121

"nuts&bolts of archery" may be another Sticky to have. I have the lastest version. Or you can ask for the download of this.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1399457

ElkSlayer
02-27-2011, 08:40 PM
that's fine idea.. Most wonderful info there on them pages

SonnyThomas
02-28-2011, 05:52 AM
And jimmy01 needs trash canned.....

bfisher
02-28-2011, 07:39 AM
And jimmy01 needs trash canned.....

Yes he does. Chuckle-chuckle. As much as enjoy keeping this site cleaned up I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to hit a wrong button and ban a legitimate member. It's almost a full time job. Still, I do it for you guys. You're all great to converse and learn from.

ElkSlayer
02-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes he does. Chuckle-chuckle. As much as enjoy keeping this site cleaned up I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to hit a wrong button and ban a legitimate member. It's almost a full time job. Still, I do it for you guys. You're all great to converse and learn from.

your doing a fine job Barry..no worries if you ban hutch again...:D lmao

MLN1963
02-28-2011, 07:46 AM
It's almost a full time job. Still, I do it for you guys. You're all great to converse and learn from.

I'm a mod on another site and we have 4 mods just so we can keep up and not have to be on the site 24/7/365. You guys might want to consider that as well. It takes the fun out of it real quick when it becomes an unpaid job.