PDA

View Full Version : Finally warmed up +19....

parttimr
02-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Well finally got to get some shooting in today after this warm up that's only supposed to last two days but it felt good. Used some tips from folks on here and got the slight kick to the left fixed and sighted in out to 40 yds with 4 arrows within 3 inch circle after already shooting over 50 shots so even getting tired thought that was pretty good. Long way to go to build the archery muscles back up, lol. Never would have felt that confident with the old PSE at that range after that many shots. Think I'll put a 50 on just for fun or if decide to chase antelope this year. Only problem I had was the two rubber limb savers didn't stay stuck in the cold so now to try to figure out how to make them stay put. Maybe a dab of gorilla glue. Can really tell a difference in noise without them. Anyway thought I'd give an update on this inferior set up of mine, lol.

Simple Life
02-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Well finally got to get some shooting in today after this warm up that's only supposed to last two days but it felt good. Used some tips from folks on here and got the slight kick to the left fixed and sighted in out to 40 yds with 4 arrows within 3 inch circle after already shooting over 50 shots so even getting tired thought that was pretty good. Long way to go to build the archery muscles back up, lol. Never would have felt that confident with the old PSE at that range after that many shots. Think I'll put a 50 on just for fun or if decide to chase antelope this year. Only problem I had was the two rubber limb savers didn't stay stuck in the cold so now to try to figure out how to make them stay put. Maybe a dab of gorilla glue. Can really tell a difference in noise without them. Anyway thought I'd give an update on this inferior set up of mine, lol.

Sounds like you got it dialed in;)Man don't put your bow down like that,nothing wrong with that set-up,it will kill just as good as any other bow.
And stop the teasing about the weather,don't you know some of us are snow bound:DNever had my LS come off,but have heard of guys using super glue and having no problems.

Enjoy your weather:p

SL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-27-2011, 09:38 AM

Brad, limb savers are more vibration stoppers than noise stoppers. On the not sticking, if you look up their company on the web and find the phone number, then call and tell them they didn't stick, the will send you new pads. My sons did the same and he found the phone number and called them and they mailed them for free. Glad to see you got some shooting in.

Hutch:cool:

Hutch

parttimr
02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
@SL: the inferior set up is a running joke with a few folks on here and how the AT guys think you have to shoot overpriced bows to accomplish things.

@Hutch: Know about the vibration -vs- noise but still seemed a bit louder once they fell off. Will try to contact them to get replacements. Thanks.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-27-2011, 10:36 AM
That is because the bow is vibrating like a tuning fork after a shot. Take away the vibration and the sound will disappear too!

Simple Life
02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
@SL: the inferior set up is a running joke with a few folks on here and how the AT guys think you have to shoot overpriced bows to accomplish things.

Ahh,something like the onion,should have noticed the LOL at the end.;)

bfisher
02-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Seems like most of us on here are kind of stuck with shooting inferior equipment. Fun, ain;t it?????

And what's this obcession with onions lately? How about we change to turnips. At least they'll grow under the snow!!! That's what I like about this site. We make an attempt to level the playing field for everyone.

parttimr
02-27-2011, 11:30 AM
@Hutch: Got onto their website and sent a msg to CS we'll see what they say.

@bfisher: If this inferior equipment keeps shooting like it does I'll just keep on smiling all the way to the freezer next season.

parttimr
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Well just couldn't resist. Got up to +25 and had to go shoot some more this time sitting down from the blind. After two dozen more I am re-fletching two and need to replace the nock on one. Any good ideas to get the nock out from inside the shaft? Already know to boil the wraps to peel them off. This darn bow is causing me work now, but I like it.:)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Outer limits Archery has a tool they sell to get nocks out. It is a tee handle with a screw on it. Take a look at it.
http://www.outerlimitarchery.com/pro-puller-set.html
You might be able to make something like it at home. I drill mine out but you need to be real careful. Sound like your getting to good ;) good for you.
Happy shooting!

ElkSlayer
02-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Home made easy-out...try a wood screw..take tip off or out and drop in a drill bit slide- hamer style removal ;)
good shooting too.. we got some done today to, son was worried he was going to wreck stuff :D good luck on that noc

parttimr
02-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks Hutch. think I could make a tool like that for cheap.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks Hutch. think I could make a tool like that for cheap.

They are handy! Once you snip the end off the hole is easy to get to. In minutes you are ready to go.