PDA

View Full Version : Gearin up for goblers

ElkSlayer
02-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Spring turkey is on the way, soon enough it will be time for thunder chickens.
I found it a great warm up for the summer Elk hunts, An fun way to teach my son the joys of it all :D.. along with the heart breaks of wild game :cool:

This season ole tom best be careful. the boy is on his game this year..:D
2nd pic is his 1st kill.last season..now he thinks hes an ole pro..lol go get um boy :D

ElkSlayer
02-27-2011, 05:58 PM
My Boy was hot, tired an ready for lunch at the end of a long season (that he sat in pouring rain more then once with out a complant..) He had just come off a stalk on a bird that could have just as easy been that one pictured.. but you know how them ole toms are, put the slip on rhino via a hole under the fence. bird in pic sounded off on the Grassy knoll.. I said well there you go, "go get him"

An that boy of mine said no :o "Dad you take him"... if not for the excitment of the hunt I believe I could have cryied ... A very proud moment I will never forget :cool:
This year I will be using my bow, Im sure he will want his 20ga but if he keeps shooting his bow like he was today.. He may want to give it a try

elkslayer4x5
02-28-2011, 09:33 AM
He keeps shooting like that and he'll have no problem taking a tom with his Sidekick :D

ElkSlayer
02-28-2011, 09:44 AM
He was a bit unhappy with the rain yesterday realy wanted to get some marks on the new HHA
I just down loaded some big game, turkey pic's to show him shot placements.. very cool cut away pictures

MLN1963
02-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I just down loaded some big game, turkey pic's to show him shot placements.. very cool cut away pictures

Link please!

ElkSlayer
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Link please!

I went to Google, Image... then search for Elk , Deer etc. Anatomy

It will bring up lots to look at...some more real then others. ;) may not be for every one..
here is a sample

ElkSlayer
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
been taking advantage of the sunny days, when ever we get some and
doing some shooting not too bad for instinctive :cool:
I did put some in the diamond. and then got cocky :rolleyes: befor the rain sent me back inside :cool: come on springtime

ElkSlayer
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
:D Just got a e amil from the land owner, From the private property we hunted last season.. looks as thou its a green light for us again..
Sent the dates of opening seasons as requested & Rhino will be able to start the weakend befor I... so maybe we wont get that chance to dubble down :D Oh darn ;) :D Should be a great spring hunt with all we learned last year

elkslayer4x5
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Throw that corn out there, or better trickle a gathering trail of corn to a better ambush, can you hunt the pasture, below the tree stand, might be able to use the recurve from there. That barn be good for the double, put Rhino in tree week before.

ElkSlayer
03-08-2011, 08:22 AM
, can you hunt the pasture, .

Well last season is was marked as closed....but was givin the Ole go ahead form Owner.. @ seasons end she was boarding a horse in it.. actuly went in the evening I shot that tom.. so not sure yet if it will be open to us.. remember i made Huge brownnie points last year with her when we helped her out with the lost dog situation...:( poor ole dog :confused: still was i knew Who done it... She was very nice and should point us into the right area if the field is still in use...I also beleave i found the road that will take us into the large vally just up the road from her place, run's behind her house...

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh yeah, almost forgot about the pooch, You did a good thing there, and the owner should have given you brownie points. Now as long as she keeps that horse outta there, you'll be good to go. :)

ElkSlayer
03-08-2011, 01:54 PM
They even sent me a Good Citizen Certificate, for that Day...not to mention all the riff raff I chased out of the back side of the place an trash we picked up.... I see a big tom going down on the grassy knoll AGAIN :D:D or the little vally west of it

elkslayer4x5
03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
I think you where right about that creek area, you and the Rhino made a pretty good mental map of the place, and you keep that mental mistakes book in your head, now you know get up the hill fast when ya bust 'em outta the barnyard. Like I said, let the kid bust a tom with his shotie in that week earlier season, then get the bows out. That way he'll have that first bird under his belt so to speak, and be able to settle down to getting a bow kill bird. :cool:

ElkSlayer
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
He is in Bow mode at this time, but his eye's light up when he thinks about that shot gun he got last year.. told him it dont matter to me, its all in what you feal like the day you get up.. grab what ever you feal will get it done :D
Stay tuned... kill pic's comming soon;):D

elkslayer4x5
03-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Finally got some season info. Spring Turkey General ( shotgun ) Mar 26- May 1.ST Archery ...Mar 26- May 15 so almost two months this year Oh yeah, 1 bearded. Time to clean out Ed's old truck.:cool:
Archery Deer, A zone...2nd Sat in July and extend for 23 consecutive days...July 9th to July 31th
Rhino's fees are; License, Non resident youth $11.06, ..Non resident deer tag ..$251.90...Total $262.96.

ElkSlayer
03-11-2011, 08:49 AM
good deal then get your self some flu flu feathers....
Not too bad for him to stick his 1st buck:cool: