PDA

View Full Version : CAT 2 CAMS fs

gibson 787
02-28-2011, 01:10 PM
I think I recall someone here was looking for a set of Cat 2 cams. Just saw a set fs on Archerytalk for $40.

Rockyhud
02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know if these will fit my limbs without issues (such as needing different axles and other parts)?

gibson 787
02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know if these will fit my limbs without issues (such as needing different axles and other parts)?

I assume it's for your 08 Firecat, replacing the Cat Cams for Cat 2 Cams? If so, they should be OK, may need a spacer kit which is just an assortment of different size spacers for the axles, and available from Martin or dealer.

I would suggest however, if the current cams are working OK, don't change em :)

elkslayer4x5
03-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Also cat cams usually have re-enforced limbs, a pin thru the limb tips...:)

Rockyhud
03-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys. I was just curious if they would be a direct fit replacement for my CAT cams on my bow, in case the urge hit me for some reason down the road. Right now I'm very pleased with how my bows shooting and don't have any plans to change out parts such as these but you never know what's in store in the future. My latest changes have been adding a TRG/SOS system and new VEM modules and so far I'm quite pleased.

elkslayer4x5
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
The interchangability of Martins limbs and cams is hard to resist, seem like its always, what if..........:)

Rockyhud
03-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Especially for those of us who like to tinker with things. :)

cridertj
03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
thanks for the info it was me looking for them i should have checked this earleyer . i am still looking if any one has them or knows were i could get some.

elkslayer4x5
03-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Here ya go! :D
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ghlight=martin

bfisher
03-02-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm not so sure there is much of a difference between the cams, but changing to the newer modules is definitley worth the price. The older ones (2008) had a pretty sharp edge and if the cable rubbed on it it would eat up the end serving. The newer ones have more rounded edges and are slightly narrower. Still they have sharp edges on the inner side of the track and need touched up with a fine file and/or fine sand paper.

gibson 787
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks for the info it was me looking for them i should have checked this earleyer . i am still looking if any one has them or knows were i could get some.

Darn, sorry Crider, looks like someone from my neck of the woods may have taken the cams. Wish I'd known it was you who wanted them, would have PM ed ya. :mad:

cyclepath
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
dumb question but what's the difference between cat and cat 2 cams? Just to show my stupidity I have to ask, did 2008 firecat pro-x's come with cat 2 cams? One other dumb question while I have the nerve, I have seen alot of firecats while I was looking for mine and I noticed that they all had firecat on the bottom limb of the bow. When I got mine I noticed ( after a long time ) that mine only had martin on both limbs. Was I sold a firecat pro-x or something else? Don't know how to post pics, duh, or I would so you guys can see what I got. I still like the bow but it would be nice to know what it is I have. Sorry if I changed the thread. :o

hotrod26
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I have a set of Cat Cams for sale. These came off my 08 Slayer. Never had a problem with them, just the limbs that cracked.

cyclepath
03-02-2011, 05:35 PM
OK, I just posted on this thread and it has the time at 5:32. The time where I am is 8:47. What am I missing?

gibson 787
03-02-2011, 05:55 PM
dumb question but what's the difference between cat and cat 2 cams?

Not a dumb question. There is virtually no difference, that I can see anyway. They changed from Cat to Cat2 about mid 2009 I believe, when people were having a few hassles with cables being frayed at the DL mods. Maybe they smoothed down the edges a little, but that's something you can easily do yourself.

Regarding the limbs having only the name 'Martin' on them, if the limbs were replaced at any time, that is what you are sent. If you bought the bow new, then it's very unusual that the name of the bow is not on the limb.

cyclepath
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
This may be alot to ask (aren't you glad I found this site) But I went back to the classifieds on at and found the one for my bow. If you search martin firecat in the hunting bows it will show as 09 firecat at edition. You can see pics of the bow in there. Perhaps someone can explain what an at edition is? I don't mind paying for something I would like to have, but I would like to get what I am paying for. At the time I had the money and I knew what I wanted so I got the first one I could get my hands on. Anyone else have this problem? Perhaps reading the ad would make sence to someone, yet I am still at a loss. Thanks in advance for any help. :o

Arrow Splitter
03-03-2011, 06:10 AM
OK, I just posted on this thread and it has the time at 5:32. The time where I am is 8:47. What am I missing?

The forum time is permanently set for the Alaska or Pacific time zone, so you won't see the correct time.:confused:

A.S

elkslayer4x5
03-03-2011, 07:47 AM
uuhh, it's not set to Pacific time. It's 8:59 pacific time right now :)