PDA

View Full Version : Bodoodle rest

rpalt1
03-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Does anyone use a 300 pro zapper? I just put one on my bow and the instructions dont say on how to tune the vertical arrow adjustment. From what i can figure I'd either have to mess with my nock sets or loosen the rest. Also the set screw on the slide bar going into the rest mount seems to just loosen the whole rest. The manufacturer's instructions aren't very good, but I'm sure it's just me lol

SonnyThomas
03-03-2011, 04:43 AM
I haven't played with the Zapper, but have with comparable rests. Yes, you have to loose the bottom bolt to rotate the cradle up or down. You should have micro lines, both vertical and horizontal to give reference of movement.

If have to rotate either up or down a great deal I'd suggest the move the rest mount and then proceed.

Money Man
03-03-2011, 06:14 AM
I think Arrow Splitter and Hutch-N-Son both shoot the zapper 300. try to pm them

Arrow Splitter
03-03-2011, 06:18 AM
I haven't played with the Zapper, but have with comparable rests. Yes, you have to loose the bottom bolt to rotate the cradle up or down. You should have micro lines, both vertical and horizontal to give reference of movement.

If have to rotate either up or down a great deal I'd suggest the move the rest mount and then proceed.

Sonny is right on. Once the you get the rest set up, you will find that it's extremely accurate. It's also nice not to have the arrow falling off the rest while hunting.

A.S

elkslayer4x5
03-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Your arrow falls off your rest? You do know that just because Waddell stands on his head to shoot at flowers thats its not normal practice, don't you? :rolleyes::rolleyes: ;)

SonnyThomas
03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Your arrow falls off your rest? You do know that just because Waddell stands on his head to shoot at flowers thats its not normal practice, don't you? :rolleyes::rolleyes: ;)

Not normal, but the original owner of Bodoodle did just that, sort of. He hung upside down by his knees and shot to prove the arrow would stay on the rest.

May be I off stream a bit, but seems prices took a jump when the business was sold after the original owner's passing.

elkslayer4x5
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Not normal, but the original owner of Bodoodle did just that, sort of. He hung upside down by his knees and shot to prove the arrow would stay on the rest.

May be I off stream a bit, but seems prices took a jump when the business was sold after the original owner's passing.

Since when do we all stay in mid stream? :D:D:rolleyes:

SonnyThomas
03-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah, but triple increase? I remember when it was thought that Bodoodle would no longer be and Gander Mountain had a clearnce sale on them. A friend and I bougth a bunch of Bullet Bodoodles. I still have one, never opened the package it came in. Price was like $27.00. Now $70 plus?

whman
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey Guys,
I've gone back to a Bodoodle Timberdoodle after doing a dance with a couple of drop away rests and not liking them. Even though it's only got two fingers, my arrows stay where they belong.....of course, I don't stand on my head either. I'm probably violating some rule of modern archery by using this old technology, but it surely does shoot straight, is easy to set up, never fails and looks good in the process.

Arrow Splitter
03-03-2011, 10:06 AM

Yeah, I heard that story. At least I know that while I'm hunting from my stand, I can hang upside down with my harness and still get a kill shot on a deer.:D:cool::D

A.S

SonnyThomas
03-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys,
I've gone back to a Bodoodle Timberdoodle after doing a dance with a couple of drop away rests and not liking them. Even though it's only got two fingers, my arrows stay where they belong.....of course, I don't stand on my head either. I'm probably violating some rule of modern archery by using this old technology, but it surely does shoot straight, is easy to set up, never fails and looks good in the process.

Well, you get yourself a "Ata Boy" for knowing low tech and old goodies still get the job done. None of my old stuff gets sold off. Might need it some day.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Good choice of rests. Zapper 300 will do you well. Quick easy and quiet. When or if you go hunting, just put a piece of packing tape on each prong. This will quiet the arrows when drawing back.

Hutch:cool:

rpalt1
03-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Thks, i noticed with the speed fins and small diameter carbons the arrows do come of the rest but i dont plan on hanging upside down lol

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Do you mean they fall out of the rest?

rpalt1
03-04-2011, 06:42 AM
yup vi set the speed fins so thier barely touching the arrow but the arrow still falls off sideways

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-04-2011, 11:50 AM
yup vi set the speed fins so thier barely touching the arrow but the arrow still falls off sideways

Post a pick I might be able to help you.

elkslayer4x5
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I heard that story. At least I know that while I'm hunting from my stand, I can hang upside down with my harness and still get a kill shot on a deer.:D:cool::D

A.S

You know that I'll be want to see that photo of that shot, might even take a look at a practice shot, any where you could hang from and get a shoot in the basement? :rolleyes:

rpalt1
03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
thks hutch, as soon as i find the digital camera i'll post a pic

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Here is a few pics of mine.
Each blade runs rounded to the arrow leaving no movement. It can fall out if shaken well.

rpalt1
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
From looking at your pics it seems my top fins are cdown to far on the sides. It also looks like your shaft diameter is larger heres what I got. I didnt resize them so u could get a good look If i bring the arms higher the arrow falls out side ways

Money Man
03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I can't tell from the picture, and I have no knowledge of this rest, but are you able to switch the two arms on top? It appears to my eye, and again it could be from the photo, but it seems if you flipped sides, they may do a better job holding the arrow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes my arrow shafts are bigger. My sons and daughters are the same as yours are. But still the prongs should be the same as mine. They are suppose to be closer to the top.

rpalt1
03-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks hutch. i'll change them tomorrow and let you know if i have any problems. I knew it was me and not the rest lol. My friend had used bodoodles when they first came out so i know thier good rests unfortunately i've lost touch with him for help.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks hutch. i'll change them tomorrow and let you know if i have any problems. I knew it was me and not the rest lol. My friend had used bodoodles when they first came out so i know thier good rests unfortunately i've lost touch with him for help.

Bodoodle is one of the best rests I have ever seen. My pro-lite is so accurate I refused to shoot an arrow at the same spot in fear of have to replace another arrow

rpalt1
03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Hutch do you have the speed fins on yours?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Hutch do you have the speed fins on yours?

We have the standard pins that come with the rest. I have the speed fins on my pro lite.

rpalt1
03-07-2011, 05:00 AM
ahhh! that may be why its letting my arrowfall this rest came with speed fins
i"ll call them and get standard fins;)