PDA

View Full Version : Bow cases?

Lung Buster
03-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Just curious as to what bow cases you guys use and what your likes, dislikes and thoughts are? I use the Plano protector series with the pillarlock design. I have been on many hunting trips across the country and I have never had a problem with my sight being knocked around. Just trying to help some of the new guys on how to protect there investments and how to stay away from cases that are not very good or just plain junk!

NuttyNative
03-06-2011, 04:51 AM
I have an SKB Hunter hard case. Flown to Washington state 6 times so far and it's holding up great. A pretty good case for $100. Short, light, and lots of room. Only drawback I've had is stabilizer length can't exceed 6" while on the bow. Have to remove the 10" each time.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-06-2011, 05:02 AM
I have a plano SE 44 hard case very well made and no problems in shipping. If you prefer a soft case which is nice for short trips. Talk to elkslayer4x5 or Elkslayer they make and sell them.

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
03-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks Hutch. Yes, we do makes custom fitted soft cases. We offer you your choice of exterior fabrics either camo or an animal print and your choice of liners, You specify the size of exterior pocket, color of zipper, web handles, binding. Here's a link to a choice page and below are a few of the cases we've made.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/EastOutfitter/Your%20choice/

http://images.imagelinky.com/1299425144.jpg (http://images.imagelinky.com/1299425144.jpg)

alex
03-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Really excellent job, ES4x5! :)

ElkSlayer
03-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes we do.. I have a hard case and once I toss that thing in the back of my yukon there is barly enough room for the other bow's and the dog
all 5 bows fit in the back in the soft cases, with plenty of room left for ice chest and dog..an boy is he happy about that fact;) here is my recurve case

elkslayer4x5
03-07-2011, 05:44 AM
and both of us forgot to mention that all cases are padded with 1/2" foam.:o

SonnyThomas
03-07-2011, 06:34 AM
10 years old. Bow Guard. "Made in America!" Fairly thick hard plastic, foam cone type pad for bow, velcro straps to hold bow. 4 steel hasps to close lid, two have key lock - never used them. Deep foam arrow holder, two strips - had reglue these a few times when first bought. I like this - easy in, easy out. Holds probably 3 dozen arrows. Shadowcat fits in with a couple inches to spare. Under foam pad for bow I have enough room for a bunch of stuff. Wife says it must weigh 25 pounds.

Down side, have to take off 30" stabilizer :D

bb11
03-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Yes we do.. I have a hard case and once I toss that thing in the back of my yukon there is barly enough room for the other bow's and the dog
all 5 bows fit in the back in the soft cases, with plenty of room left for ice chest and dog..an boy is he happy about that fact;) here is my recurve case

Kudos! Sweet case!

cyclepath
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
just a cheep plano hard case. Works just fine. Can't see spending more on a case than you do on a bow. :eek:

elkslayer4x5
03-08-2011, 07:07 AM
just a cheep plano hard case. Works just fine. Can't see spending more on a case than you do on a bow. :eek:

On the other hand, you wouldn't want your bow in a case not designed for it either.....:)

bfisher
03-08-2011, 09:14 AM
I used to have an SKB double case as I thought I'd need it for airline travel. Then I figured out that the case alone weighed 27# with nothing in it. On most Canadian caribou hunts you're only allowed 70#. With two bows and other gear it doesn't leave much room for clothes. Therefore I gave it to my brother and bought an SKB soft case. I have had it for about 15 years and haven't had a bow yet that won't fit in it. It isn't designed for parallel limbed bows but they do fit.

coyotekiller82
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I just ordered me a Plano BOW MAX Deluxe Single Bow Case with the pillarlock system. Mostly to be used for local travel from the club to home as well as hunting use in the back of the truck or strapped to the rack on the 4 wheeler. I priced this model out at a number of outlets, some in Canada were around $120, other stores, even more...After a quick google search, Walmart had the best price at $49, and with the CDN $ being what it is, getting this case for less than $50 with free site to store shipping it was a no brainer!! Now I just need to pick it up on my next trip down to Fargo!

RLW
03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Have an 14-15yr old Contico hard plastic bow case I had my '96 Firecat in. Took the Firecat out and started using it for my Bengal.........fit the longer Firecat better, but it works well and is still in great condition after years of banging around in my trucks. I'd buy another one, but don't they exist anymore, or at least not the bow cases.

If I do get a case for my Bengal, it will probably be the Plano Protector Deluxe hard case. I like the extra storage space it has for all the crap I carry.

Have a decent foam padded soft case with full length arrow case pocket for my son's Jaguar, but can't remember brand.
It protects the bow well for general use, but need to be a bit more careful if we have to put it in the bed of the truck, especially if weather might get nasty

nerinbush
03-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Hey I am also using this type of case..and its good..it provides a large space of storage...

south-pak.com